Competitive Pay, Decent benefits, Zero support

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Experis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive Pay, decent benefits, great communication with leadership but only because of the nature of the project.

Cons

No support whatsoever during or after the engagement. Far too many managers in the mix to effectively act as a Project Manager. It was a Expeditor environment with major scope issues in the SOW. The turnover is/was ridiculous. Not real happy.

Advice to Management

When using an individual with a specific skill set and hiring them for that skill set it is a bad idea to chastise them for using that skill set.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. like working through them. but not happy with compensation.

Former Employee - Design & Drafting Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Design & Drafting Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pleasant to work with. Recruiter gives impression they care about you and work well being. They check up on you and any concerns are addressed.

Cons

no PTO, and if their client close for extended holidays the contractor doesn't get paid.

Run away construction managers!

Current Employee - Construction Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Construction Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Experis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They tell you what you want to hear but are unable / unwilling to make good on certain promises. They do have access to jobs with the big companies but ensure you do your due diligence otherwise you will be left holding the bag for expensive travel. Pay is always on time, on boarding was quick and easy and time reporting is very easy.

Cons

They have a "fire and forget" mentality. Once they get you on a project good luck getting them to take your concerns seriously. i work on a project with Goodman networks, Goodman has been great but Experis leaves a lot to be desired. I was told that after being on the project for 1 month we would revisit my compensation to ensure I was able to cover travel. When it came time it didn't happen and I was blown off. When I finally got them to return my calls and emails i was promised a raise that should have began this month but, surprise, it didn't. keep your distance unless you really want to work for one of these large companies

Advice to Management

Remember who makes the money for your company. it is not that recruiter, if your consultant is unhappy he will leave, you are not the only company doing this. Construction managers are in HIGH demand, do us wrong and we will leave.