There are newer employer reviews for Experis

Interested in matching, not developing a careeer. Ka-ching, good-bye.

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Simi Valley, CA
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Experis as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

On-boarding was professional, benefits (paid by you) choices were reasonable.

Cons

Rarely interacted for any reason, no plan for continuation or developing a career. Dropped like a hot potato after assignment completed.

113 Other Employee Reviews for Experis (View Most Recent)

Got set up by Las Vegas office for a Diamond Resorts bait and switch

Former Employee - Senior Pl/SQL Developer  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Pl/SQL Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Experis as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I have not had a successful contract through Experis

Cons

Was contacted by the Phoenix, AZ office to work on a PL/SQL project for Diamond Resorts in Las Vegas. Interviewed with a manager from Great Britain discussing the PL/SQL work. We hit it off great. I was awarded the contract.

Then the local Experis Las Vegas got involved. Next thing you know an account rep from the Vegas office was setting things up. When I got to job site at Diamond's a lower level project manager was there to meet me. She did not have an available desk for me. All the other staff had a desk. She sat me at a temporary desk.

Next instead of starting me on the PL/SQL work that the original interviewing manager I was asked to work on defects. Defects in their application. It turned out that they were not able to properly catch errors in their web application nor did they have staff knowledgeable enough to point me to the location of code that was in error.

When I brought the subject up of the bait and switch from a PL/SQL Developer to fixing defects in the blind to the local Experis account rep he explained that 2 of their contractors were fired because they wanted to write code in C#.NET. My guess is that they were actually trying to write an application that could be maintained by industry standards. So I was thrown at the defect problem because the Diamond Resorts manager was now desperate to put out fires she created by firing contract workers from Experis.

Back to the office a day later and I was moved from the temporary desk to a small utility room with a dirty table and crap computer. In addition looking around the room I saw nothing but H1 Visa workers from India talking to each other in their native language.

I told the Diamond Resort manager that there were too many problems. That I should be given a desk like the rest of her staff and that the original agreement I made with her manager to do the PL/SQL work should be honored.

A real disgrace!

Experis clean up your act and stop taking advantage of contract workers by throwing them into problems that you created.

Diamond Resorts shame on you for you lack of respect for contract workers.

Consultant

I have been working at Experis

Pros

Flexible schedule if client allows

Cons

No executive support, miss a lot of opportunities to succeed

There are newer employer reviews for Experis

Worked for Experis? Contribute to the Community!