There are newer employer reviews for Experis

Solid but not outstanding IT staffing company. Good for consultants, not so much for experienced sales and recruiters.

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Experis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- On many vendor lists
- Competes favorably at clients that are large users of IT staffing
- Solid financially
- Great place to learn recruiting and sales

Cons

- Typical staffing agency: no differentiator from a consultant perspective. Very much a "butts in seats" mentality.
- Not much room for creativity for a senior sales person or recruiter.
- Mediocre benefits.
- Politics within senior management impacts field people.

Advice to Management

Since the acquisition of Jefferson Wells and COMSYS by Manpower, the organizational cultures that made these companies successful have been dismantled, and as a result there is now discord within the field.

Management should consider moving back towards being a field driven organization, and focusing on what made JW and COMSYS successful in the past.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Quick to hire temporarily - not much communication after

Former Contractor - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Experis as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Experis did a great job of finding my resume on the Internet and getting my foot in the door with a large company. They negotiated great pay for me. Very professional on-boarding process.

Cons

The company was dishonest with me. They told me that the job they were aligning me with would last more than a few months. It did not. After a few months, I was let go without an explanation from Experis. Luckily I had forged a relationship with my contact at the company who informed me it was a budgetary decision.

The health benefits are very expensive. It's better to go with government healthcare, especially considering that your stay with Experis will be very brief.

When I tried to get in touch with my Experis contact several times over the course of a few weeks, phone calls and emails were ignored. Like the previous review from the Applications Developer in Simi Valley says, they will drop you like a hot potato. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

2. Great Recruiters

Current Contractor - Incident Manager in Richfield, MN
    Current Contractor - Incident Manager in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Experis as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and professional recruiters, the seek to understand you and your capabilities and try to match you to the best jobs that come across their searches. Their recruiters share information and work as a team to try to place you.

Cons

They're only as good as the jobs available in your area - they can't create jobs, they can only place you into opportunities that are out there.