Express Employment Professionals

www.expresspros.com
  www.expresspros.com
There are newer employer reviews for Express Employment Professionals

The most important thing to realize is that Express is a franchise company, so each office is independently owned.

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Tennessee, IL
Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Tennessee, IL

I have been working at Express Employment Professionals

Pros

You can have a good or bad experience working at Express depending on what office you work for because they are individually owned and operated. I have had the pleasure of working for a great owner here in Tennessee.
The training programs that are available through corporate are great. There are a lot of opportunities for advancement...for the right person. You have to realize that every position in the office is somewhat sales related. The Front Office Coordinator has to "sell" by being pleasant over the phone and in person and offering excellent customer service. The staffing consultants have to "sell" by making telephone sales calls to current clients and prospects. The outside sales team of course have to sell by making cold calls all over the territory. Our owner makes this easy for us because he pays us a great base salary plus a standard monthly bonus based on productivity plus spot incentives for weekly or monthly goals. I can't speak for other offices but our office rocks!

Cons

Because each office is indepently owned and operated you do not have the great benefits that you would get with a larger agency.

When hiring internal staff members, emphasize the importance of customer service for applicants as well as clients. Make sure to hire people who are comfortable doing sales because eventually they will be doing sales in some capacity!

258 Other Employee Reviews for Express Employment Professionals (View Most Recent)

Express Employment Proffesionals

Former Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Naperville, IL

I worked at Express Employment Professionals

Pros

Express was a great place to work if you like a fast-paced organized enviornment.

Cons

Not being recognized for the great work i did for them.

They need to be careful with favoritism as well as the way they approach their employees. Buisness and personal should not be mixed.

Great learning experience!

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Express Employment Professionals

Pros

Great place to build a resume and to get a good understanding of the business world. An overall great learning experience. It's always nice building relationship with clients.

Cons

It is a job that requires ability to handle serious stress. Depending upon your office, you may be extremely micromanaged. By this i mean your boss will listen to your every conversation (its like repeating your first high school speech everyday...). You have to limit your concern with work or it will become overbearing (an associates failure is viewed as your own).

Overall, management does a good job, just some people are not great with micromanagement.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Employment Professionals