Express LLC
www.express.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

Overall I have enjoyed my time at Express mostly because of the people I work with. The company could make a few changes

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Express LLC part-time for more than a year

ProsOne of the pros of working at Express as I said before are the individuals. Everyone is very welcoming and open to answering questions. The managers try to be understanding of the associates problems creating an open environment. I only work part-time so the hours change every week which is good because I would get bored of the same routine eventually.

ConsThe cons are that the managers can sometimes be a little unprofessional. There was a time when one of the managers was talking about different types of consumers by race and I thought it to be extremely inappropriate.

Also, the lunch breaks are ridiculous. You have to work 6 1/2 hours before you can get a HALF hour break. They will never give you a full hour, even if you work more than 7 hours. They will break up your break so that it equals an hour. For instance, you get 45 minutes, then a couple hours later they will give you a 15 minute break.

Lastly, the store hours. The store used to close at 9pm Monday-Saturday and 8pm on Sunday's. Now we close at 10pm Monday-Saturday and 9pm on Sunday's.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees more lunch break time.

Close the store at a decent hour so we won't get home so late.

Loved the clothes, but unreasonable expectations on the job

Ft Sales Leader (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Express LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros: clothing and discount is great and we can wear jeans… Cons: they set high expectations but don't really show you how to meet them. Some employees are… Advice to Senior Management: Let employees know that they have a chance to be promoted to give them incentive to work hard. Don't expect the same behaviors to produce better… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Poor management

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Express LLC part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice clothes but you never work enough hours to be… Cons: Barely got any hours, worked a max of 6 hours a week then the manager complained when workers werent fully knowledgeable and prepared when working… Advice to Senior Management: get better management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Express LLC.

Worked for Express LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Express LLC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Express LLC CEO Michael A. Weiss. All reviews posted anonymously by Express LLC employees.