Express

www.express.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Express

Wonderful clothing, people, and service.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Noblesville, IN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Express

Pros

I enjoy working at EXPRESS because I'm a people person. The reason for going into EXPRESS is to find a fashion forward outfit and enjoy shopping while you are doing it. Everyone I work with always has a great attitude and a hard work ethic. EXPRESS promotes the open door policy and encourages employees to be friendly with not just each other, but the customer as well. EXPRESS is literally one of the best and most exciting companies I have ever worked for.

Cons

The only downside to EXPRESS is the late hours you can work while doing a floor set or flipping the store. Employees can be there until 4 in the morning.

Between the 2 locations I have worked at, the management is great. Managers always know product and what to piece it with. The training they undergo is blatantly amazing. I really don't think I could ask for better management.

807 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

Little or No Training to Assistant Merchants, Non-Existent "Work-Life Balance"

Former Employee - Women's Merchandising Team in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Women's Merchandising Team in Columbus, OH

I worked at Express

Pros

-Employee Clothing Discount
    -Great Health Benefits
    -Decent Starting Salary
    -Ample PTO Time (if your manager even allows you to take it)

Cons

-Little/No Training Program or Support to Assistant Positions
    -Lack of "Work-Life Balance"
    -Often Expected to Work Weekends
    -Overall constant negative office attitude

Create training programs for all entry-level positions so employees learn and feel comfortable in their jobs, without stress, and are trained for their positions. Give feedback when necessary and take on responsibilities as a TEAM.

ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Express

Pros

discounts
    discounts
    Tthe fact that most of the other companies know how stressfull this environment is, you get "points" by others for being able to manage it at some point in your life.

Cons

if you are a workaholic go for it. on the other hand you won't have a life at all, and if you go to school ferget about wanting a "full-time" possition because the will try to get you to take less clasees so you can work more hours.

Stop stressing everybody out