Amazing place to work just not the Career for me personally.

Former Employee - Part Time Sales  in  North Olmsted, OH
Former Employee - Part Time Sales in North Olmsted, OH

I worked at Express

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with. They were truly amazing from the top their to the lowest new hire. Amazingly nice and friendly.

Cons

The customer and thieves were sometimes hard to deal with.

Keep up the good work and keep the staff's as happy as possible. Also you may want to invest on getting some more job friendly attire again. I miss the selection of business casual that is slowly being overran by business party.

Other Reviews for Express

Insulted and Unsatisfied

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Bay Shore, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bay Shore, NY

I worked at Express

Pros

How about none unless you love getting paid horribly and being picked on constantly, Besides the flexible schedule I cant think of anything.

Cons

Most of working there was a downside. I have to say when I first walked in and began it seemed like a nice place to work. Flexible hours,balance between school,family and work life. Neat store. Not to busy.Then reality kicked in. Every time I got there I was getting yelled at and pushed for if not one thing another. You have to follow customers around like a mad person to the point where they are uncomfortable. Yea,great way to make sales. They barely give you any credit,just tell you what you do wrong and how to improve. They are constantly pushing you. Very unrealistic and shady management with some bad attitudes and unprofessional approaches in my opinion. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone but hey-maybe not every Express is this bad.

Every manager there had unrealistic goals,was pushy,and rude unless they felt you were doing a perfect job and making EVERY sale which is of course impossible in a real world. My advice is to be more realistic,give people a chance to learn there comfortable way to sell. Don t be so pushy. Don t penalize so HARD with hours and the cut of them just because an associate didn't open every credit card and make every sale. You are a rude batch of people who need to take your heads out of your ass. Self centered with no patience and consideration who love to single people out. Have fun rotting in retail.

One of those Love it or Hate it Jobs

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Albany, NY

I worked at Express

Pros

Management was friendly enough and always had a positive outlook.

Cons

Wish there was more hands on training, its a big store and a lot to take in especially if its your first retail job. When it comes to taken time off it can be very difficult.

There are newer employer reviews for Express.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!