Express

There are newer employer reviews for Express

Full-time sales lead

Current Employee - Express Slave in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Express Slave in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has great clothes and gives you an awesome discount.
Great management team.
Really education you about the fashion industry.
Easy to move up to management.

Cons

The company doesn't care about their associate.
High turn over rate.
Pay is definitely NOT enough!!!
Way to much pressure to make you're goals.
Clothes is pretty expensive.
Pressure to shop during extra discount.
Not enought hours for associates, so management is obligated to work over 40 hours with no additional pay.
Shipment time is unrealistic.
Never having items in stock for customers.
Store and customer relations guidelines aren't the same.
Customer relations isn't open after 5:00pm eastern standard time wtf people is the west have issues too.

It would be nice if we could get paid more. I really love this company, but the pay isn't worth all the stress. I feel like I'm always going over and beyond for this company, and I'm not sure why. We lose associated all the time to company's that are willing to pay more. Oh and not having enought hours to get everything the company wants done. Your expectations are was to high. Especially when it comes to freight.

730 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

Extreme Work with no Pay

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Washington, DC

I have been working at Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Good clothes for a descent price
    -Nice people to work with
    -Discount 40%

Cons

-Company addresses financial problems by cutting salaries
    -Low pay
    -Stupid customers
    -Hard to find motivated associates when they pay so little

PAY MORE!!!! Everyone always recruits associates from Express because the company is know for working people to death and not compensating them for it. Other employers come in an offer people way more money for less work. There's such a high turnover rate for managers and associates because there's so much better out there. Another thing that sucks is that we don't get our employee discount off of clearance items! I think that its unfair for the company to constantly raise prices and have the exact same discount. this result in employees not wearing clothes which makes it harder to sell them. Express trains their customers to be so needy!!! If you don't bend over backwards for most customers they are running to contact our customer relations department. We don't get commission so we shouldn't be forced to do so much extra when we are not getting compensated. So many customers have the idea that its your job to do this and that which Express created! The return policy should also be changed to 14 days! There is a 90 day return policy!! What top retailer besides them has such a ridiculous policy? This makes it 10x harder to make weekly sales goals and lets not forget about the 100s of coupons that are sent out every hour of the day!

It is a basic retail job

Former Employee - Brand Sales Associate in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Brand Sales Associate in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Express part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A fashion forward company that really teaches sales associates the current trends and how to give great customer service.

Cons

There is no room to move to corporate if that is what you want, very hard to get off the retail management track.

There are newer employer reviews for Express