There are newer employer reviews for Express

Good people, great place. Good part-time job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Express part-time for less than a year

Pros

Best thing about working at Express part-time is that they can't schedule you outside of your availability, no matter how limited. Oh, except for Black Friday. There's not a chance you'll ever get it off. Even if you request to do so a year in advance, or it's your birthday. Makes no difference. I quit my job because I couldn't get that weekend off and there was something else more important taking place that weekend than minimum-wage my job.

Cons

Management can be a pain in the side, and believe me, they have A LOT to do with your overall satisfaction with the job because they are responsible for managing just about your every move.

Give some things a break.

635 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

A good first job

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Express part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount is great, the people I worked with a lot of fun, everybody has fun at my store

Cons

You have to push credit cards on customers which some find annoying
    Customers get angry at you for store policy, typical retail
    As a part time worker your shift gets called off depending on your location

Decent company. They are better opportunities out there.

Former Employee - Co-Manager
    Former Employee - Co-Manager

I worked at Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great discount. Growing brand. The clothing is easy to sell. The benefits are pretty comparable to most retail companies (for management only).

Cons

The pay of the associates is not competitive so the turnover rate is extremely high. The work load is extensive and you typically spend more time "training" new hires than truly developing the associates that have been strictly out of loyalty. As a manager I was paid a decent salary and my benefits were sufficient. The amount of time I spent looking for and training young, under-paid associates was such a waste of time and it makes for a bad company reputation when you only have new hires who have no idea what they are doing manning your floors. Also, associates do not work off of commission so they aren't motivated to meet goals like the management team.

Competitive pay. Lessen workload for associates if you are going to pay them dirt. Raise your wages or pay commission to those who perform well.

There are newer employer reviews for Express

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!