Good people, great place. Good part-time job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Express part-time for less than a year

Pros

Best thing about working at Express part-time is that they can't schedule you outside of your availability, no matter how limited. Oh, except for Black Friday. There's not a chance you'll ever get it off. Even if you request to do so a year in advance, or it's your birthday. Makes no difference. I quit my job because I couldn't get that weekend off and there was something else more important taking place that weekend than minimum-wage my job.

Cons

Management can be a pain in the side, and believe me, they have A LOT to do with your overall satisfaction with the job because they are responsible for managing just about your every move.

Give some things a break.

Other Reviews for Express

Not a job anyone would want

Former Employee - Co-Manager  in  Manchester, CT
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Manchester, CT

I worked at Express part-time for less than a year

Pros

-The discount and extra discount on occasions -The clothes is very fashion forward and if you love picking out clothes for the nice customers then you will have a lot of fun with it.

Cons

-Poor management -Horrible Hours -Schedule only done 2-3 days in advance of upcoming week -no room for growth -pay very low -extreme expectations of sales for all employees -management very unprofessional -the customers are horrible and leave fitting rooms with inside out clothes all over the floor and a very high theft rate -the customers always expect a discount and try to get everything for free -the managers are inconsistent, inappropriate and humiliate and demean their employees

Train your store and co managers because they are inconsistent, inappropriate and can't keep their employees

A good first job

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Express part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount is great, the people I worked with a lot of fun, everybody has fun at my store

Cons

You have to push credit cards on customers which some find annoying
    Customers get angry at you for store policy, typical retail
    As a part time worker your shift gets called off depending on your location

There are newer employer reviews for Express.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!