Express
www.express.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

My first time in retail and it has been a really good experience.

Part Time Sales Lead (Current Employee)

Pros30% discount on everything except clearance. They pay close attention to talent. If you do what you're supposed to do and there is an opening for management they will recommend you. You don't need a degree in sales and they treat you with respect. You can grow with the company. We are a team. I love they're clothes!

Cons$8.50 minimum hourly wage to start, not a lot of hours, hours are based on how much money the store makes and because of the amount of employees on the roster, you may only get 4-8hrs a week. :-( Employees cannot combine coupons with discount and are encouraged to use discount instead of coupons. You don't get commission. Part time Sales lead only gets $10/hr (to start but they may offer more based on experience) They don't like to say how much management gets paid, it's not allowed apparently so you won't know exactly what you're working towards.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell employees the benefits of staying and growing with the company. How much are you all getting paid?? People work harder when they know that it is worth it.

Good people, great place. Good part-time job.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Express part-time for less than a year

Pros: Best thing about working at Express part-time is that they can't schedule you outside of your availability, no matter how limited. Oh, except for Black… Cons: Management can be a pain in the side, and believe me, they have A LOT to do… Advice to Senior Management: Give some things a break. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a job anyone would want

Co-Manager (Former Employee)
    Manchester, CT

I worked at Express part-time for less than a year

Pros: -The discount and extra discount on occasions -The clothes is very fashion forward and if you love… Cons: -Poor management -Horrible Hours -Schedule only done 2-3 days in advance of upcoming week -no room for growth -pay very low -extreme expectations of sales… Advice to Senior Management: Train your store and co managers because they are inconsistent,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Express.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Express CEO Michael A. Weiss. All reviews posted anonymously by Express employees.