There are newer employer reviews for Express

Stressful work environment, low morale

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Mesa, AZ
Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discount off merchandise (initial purchase upon hire is pretty high), middle of the road pay for a sales associate at a clothing chain such as Express

Cons

I worked as a seasonal sales associate here, and though I only worked for one month, I hated every minute of it. They made us wear headsets, and every 3-4 hours, near the end of every "goal" period, the manager would chastise us for not selling enough, despite the fact that very few people came into the store during those times. I think the worst part was that it wasn't a face-to-face verbal communication. It was an extremely passive aggressive warning in the headset that you could not escape.

Other Employee Reviews for Express

1. They work their employees to DEATH.

Pros

They offer an amazing employee discount....especially if you are full time.

Cons

You will have to do a million tasks while helping customers and making sure no one is stealing from your store. And the next day you will need to change everything you did the day before.

2. Not great but not that bad either.

Pros

Somewhat fun atmosphere. Your performance will get noticed as to who gets the hours Advancement is very possible if you put in the effort. Co-workers usually are tight group

Cons

-Pay -Sometimes management is not organized -Some favoritism will be apparent -Policies have lots of gray areas which makes your job to service customers harder sometimes.

Advice to Management

Listen to the customer more. clarify policies. Upper management should listen to actual stores to get better insight in each market.