Express

www.express.com
  www.express.com
There are newer employer reviews for Express

I like my job a lot, but I'd love it if I was given more hours.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Management
- Coworkers
- Discount
- Dresscode
- Atmosphere
I could probably go on for an hour

Cons

There's only two things I do not like about express. 1) The pay is next to nothing. 2)I work at a small store and there are 10 of us so hours are sometimes non existent.

Don't hire if you're only going to give associates 5 hours a week.

704 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

My first time in retail and it has been a really good experience.

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Lead

I have been working at Express part-time (more than an year)

Pros

30% discount on everything except clearance. They pay close attention to talent. If you do what you're supposed to do and there is an opening for management they will recommend you. You don't need a degree in sales and they treat you with respect. You can grow with the company. We are a team. I love they're clothes!

Cons

$8.50 minimum hourly wage to start, not a lot of hours, hours are based on how much money the store makes and because of the amount of employees on the roster, you may only get 4-8hrs a week. :-( Employees cannot combine coupons with discount and are encouraged to use discount instead of coupons. You don't get commission. Part time Sales lead only gets $10/hr (to start but they may offer more based on experience) They don't like to say how much management gets paid, it's not allowed apparently so you won't know exactly what you're working towards.

Tell employees the benefits of staying and growing with the company. How much are you all getting paid?? People work harder when they know that it is worth it.

Not worth your time

I have been working at Express

Pros

You work with cool people, that's about it.

Cons

The pay is horrible. You can not be full time unless you're a sales lead or manager. The discount isn't all that great, I've had better at other jobs and they expect you to wear their jeans that are 80$. They have on calls and extensions so you can't plan your day ahead because you don't know if they need you or not. They cut shifts drastically OR will work you till you pass out. If you ask a question to another employee about something related to the store, a manager will tell at you and claim you're not working, while they stand around and talk.

I love some managers but to the ones that I don't, treat your employees better. You make them disrespect you because you talk down to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Express