Express

www.express.com

Demanding professional results in an unprofessional working environment.

Former Employee - Sales Lead  in  Bensalem, PA
Former Employee - Sales Lead in Bensalem, PA

Pros

Promotion based on skills and achievement rather then friendship or likeness. Decent employee discount. Associates were hard working and talented. Took direction well and performed consistently.

Cons

Poor pay scale. Depending on the district manager sales associates only start at minimum wage and are bumped up 20% when offered a management position. Management positions are offered to unskilled and unprofessional associates. Never met the district manager in person only over the phone. Store manager gets away with a lot.

When I first began working at Express as a Sales Associate I welcomed the opportunity to advance myself and was delighted to be offered a promotion. I welcomed a Full-time Sales Lead position with open arms and although I would have loved a future with Express it didn't work out. My Store Manager (who was salaried) claimed she worked a 40 hour work week but did not clock out when leaving the store to go pick up her kids or for various other reasons. She lied about her Co-manager and hired unprofessional associates for Management positions where she didn't even do her job. Put your District Managers actually in the stores and don't have such a devoute relationship between DM's and SM's.