Almost six months here

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the discount and the merchandise...my wardrobe has never been better! I love being up to date on all the new styles and my store manager is great. I was hired as a seasonal sales associate and kept on, now my store manager is pushing the DM to bring me on as management.

Cons

It can be a bit stressful at times (not as much now) and there's a lot of repetition when it comes to having to memorize things. There's a lot of pressure. When I first started, I wanted to break down and cry nearly every day that I worked. The co-managers were pretty cruel and it was a real downer for my self-esteem. I suggest being careful applying/working here if you have emotional thin skin. Shifts for associates usually run 4-5 hours, or 7 if you're working a Black Friday shift or Floor set. Don't expect a break, ever, no matter how many hours you work.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the management not look down on associates, at least not openly. A little more patience would be nice too, especially when you're not actually trained, you kind of have to pick up on things on your own.

Other Employee Reviews for Express

1. great company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Moreno Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Moreno Valley, CA

I have been working at Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great company to work with friendly co workers and management. they work around your schedule if you are going to school.

Cons

the only thing is you don't get that many hours.

2. Top notch company! Demanding but very rewarding as well

Current Employee - Top Level Management
    Current Employee - Top Level Management

I have been working at Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great store tools Great development of people Fun incentives

Cons

Very results driven so if you don't like pressure you won't enjoy working here! Some positions the pay is a little low (sales lead)