Express

www.express.com
  www.express.com
There are newer employer reviews for Express

Top notch company! Demanding but very rewarding as well

Current Employee - Top Level Management
Current Employee - Top Level Management

I have been working at Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great store tools
Great development of people
Fun incentives

Cons

Very results driven so if you don't like pressure you won't enjoy working here!
Some positions the pay is a little low (sales lead)

730 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

It was great at first, then I quickly began to despise every moment I had to spend there.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-I loved the reaction of customers when helping them pick out a new outfit.
    -Dress code is pretty lenient.
    -Got to be around great clothing.

Cons

-Lack of Hours( I went three weeks without a shift)

-Minimum wage- Not worth the pay. Most high end stores pay more than $7.25 an hour.

-The Pressure to Solicit Credit Cards or Reward Cards. Most customers have no interest in signing up for either. I hated being constantly harassed through the ear piece about if I got any credit cards. NO! STFU!

-Not Being Scheduled Enough Due to the fact of not attempting/not receiving any credit card sign ups. I find it completely unfair to penalize associates based on this. People do not want to ruin their credit score or have their emails spammed.

-Lack of Appreciation From Management. You are almost viewed as a disposable and can easily replaced. My one manager, bless his heart, is the only person who made me feel appreciated. He was always thanking me for the work I did and always tried to find ways to help me. I believe because of him I stayed as long as I did.

-Inconsistency of Hours- One night I had to stay two hours past my shift, because another associate and I were made to. You do not leave until they tell you to do so.

-Unrealistic Views of Store Presentation-The store presentation views are completely ridiculous. This store has a utopia view of everything. Everything has to be perfectly lined, stacked, and folded. Newsflash! There is Customers are going to destroy this anyways. Why should we magnify every minute detail customers are going to overlook? In most cases, customers will destroy a "ideally" folded stack of dress shirts, which are expected to be folded perfectly again. Management will pick apart anything not folded up to standard. There were times where I honestly felt nothing was good enough for them. If you are a calm and easy- breezy person like me, You will hate working here.

Fine as associate; managerial issues

I have been working at Express part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you get along with your co-workers, shifts are actually pretty fun. Decent retail gig. As with all retail, a lot of the store environment depends on specific management and the teams they hire/their ability to run the store.

Cons

The power-plays and drama among managers start to trickle down and affect associates, resulting in a pretty high turnover rate. The pay and benefits are not that great, especially compared to other retailers. 30% discount and often minimum wage... occasionally a 45% discount but for how much you make it's not a whole lot. Hours can be unpredictable and unreliable (having to stay late, shifts being cut, etc.)

There are newer employer reviews for Express