Enjoyable, loved the people I worked with.

Former Employee - Fashion Expert  in  Newport Beach, CA
Former Employee - Fashion Expert in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Express part-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount was great, And the clientele was usually fun. I recieved 2 raises in a little more than a year. Also the location was beautiful and they provifef plenty of training.

Cons

The hours were my biggest complaint. However management was very accommodating to my full time job. But at the same time I only wanted to work 20 hours a week but wound up working between 25-40 hours in addition to the 40 hours I was already working.

Offer more incentive to those that sell the creidt card.

Other Reviews for Express

Almost six months here

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Express part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the discount and the merchandise...my wardrobe has never been better! I love being up to date on all the new styles and my store manager is great. I was hired as a seasonal sales associate and kept on, now my store manager is pushing the DM to bring me on as management.

Cons

It can be a bit stressful at times (not as much now) and there's a lot of repetition when it comes to having to memorize things. There's a lot of pressure. When I first started, I wanted to break down and cry nearly every day that I worked. The co-managers were pretty cruel and it was a real downer for my self-esteem. I suggest being careful applying/working here if you have emotional thin skin. Shifts for associates usually run 4-5 hours, or 7 if you're working a Black Friday shift or Floor set. Don't expect a break, ever, no matter how many hours you work.

I would suggest the management not look down on associates, at least not openly. A little more patience would be nice too, especially when you're not actually trained, you kind of have to pick up on things on your own.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Brand Sales Manager  in  East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Brand Sales Manager in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Express part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team focused, results driven, friendly, good advancement opportunity, nice that you can relocate if position is available

Cons

Long hours, never a set schedule every week is different.

There are newer employer reviews for Express.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!