Express

www.express.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Express

Overall I have enjoyed my time at Express mostly because of the people I work with. The company could make a few changes

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Express part-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the pros of working at Express as I said before are the individuals. Everyone is very welcoming and open to answering questions. The managers try to be understanding of the associates problems creating an open environment. I only work part-time so the hours change every week which is good because I would get bored of the same routine eventually.

Cons

The cons are that the managers can sometimes be a little unprofessional. There was a time when one of the managers was talking about different types of consumers by race and I thought it to be extremely inappropriate.

Also, the lunch breaks are ridiculous. You have to work 6 1/2 hours before you can get a HALF hour break. They will never give you a full hour, even if you work more than 7 hours. They will break up your break so that it equals an hour. For instance, you get 45 minutes, then a couple hours later they will give you a 15 minute break.

Lastly, the store hours. The store used to close at 9pm Monday-Saturday and 8pm on Sunday's. Now we close at 10pm Monday-Saturday and 9pm on Sunday's.

Give your employees more lunch break time.

Close the store at a decent hour so we won't get home so late.

811 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

Loved the clothes, but unreasonable expectations on the job

Current Employee - Ft Sales Leader in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Ft Sales Leader in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

clothing and discount is great and we can wear jeans to work every day
    I learned a lot about retail here

Cons

they set high expectations but don't really show you how to meet them.
    Some employees are extremely lazy but nothing is said to them, which leaves even more work for everyone else.

Let employees know that they have a chance to be promoted to give them incentive to work hard.
    Don't expect the same behaviors to produce better results each year, change the behaviors if you want to see growth. Give stores more payroll. It's hard to give a good customer experience on two man coverage.

Poor management

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice clothes but you never work enough hours to be able to afford them

Cons

Barely got any hours, worked a max of 6 hours a week then the manager complained when workers werent fully knowledgeable and prepared when working as a cashier, training session was not sufficient, very relaxed and not professional, manager had favorites which accounted for newly hired workers not getting any hours and not getting an experience, then she would'nt schedule workers because they couldnt get any real practice, she would also purposely under staff causing chaos and lines so inexperienced workers look like they cant keep up, just poor management, she would also sit in the back on her cell phone having a good old time while everyone is running around in an understaffed workplace.

get better management