Express

There are newer employer reviews for Express

Poor management

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice clothes but you never work enough hours to be able to afford them

Cons

Barely got any hours, worked a max of 6 hours a week then the manager complained when workers werent fully knowledgeable and prepared when working as a cashier, training session was not sufficient, very relaxed and not professional, manager had favorites which accounted for newly hired workers not getting any hours and not getting an experience, then she would'nt schedule workers because they couldnt get any real practice, she would also purposely under staff causing chaos and lines so inexperienced workers look like they cant keep up, just poor management, she would also sit in the back on her cell phone having a good old time while everyone is running around in an understaffed workplace.

get better management

762 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

It was a great learning experience but it was not rewarding enough for my level of performance and interest in the job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They found ways to make work meetings fun, floor sets were more relaxed and informal, dress code was good, had the flexability to work in the section of the store that you were good at

Cons

Catty employees, minimum wage, exceeded at the job but didn't feel rewarding, high turnover rate

Good People, Abysmal Pay

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Express part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For 5 years, I've worked with very friendly people. All the management at each location I worked were very professional and friendly. If you are competent and show up to work ready to work, they always want to help you and it's hard to get on their bad side unless you don't do your job or skip work.

Once you work enough total hours, everyone is eligible for the retirement plan and company matching. Even part-time sales associates.

Cons

The pay is usually at minimum wage or barely above, but the store asks workers to have higher standards and customer service expertise than most minimum wage jobs would require. Even as a manager, I received barely above minimum wage, and was always working 40 hours a week, but never got full-time benefits or PTO.

Pay what employees are worth, or at least a livable wage. Especially full-time management employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Express