There are newer employer reviews for Express

Great job if you're in college

I have been working at Express part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Employee discounts and always know the current trend

Cons

You must wear their clothes

Appreciate your associates

664 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

Good outweighs the bad

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great on-site training in sales, customer service and even management. Great employee discounts (especially on extra discount weekends), decent pay and a sense of camaraderie among all workers.

Cons

Stingy management at times and a loud work environment. There are opportunities for advancement, but they are few and far between and usually only come after years of company employment.

Overall I have enjoyed my time at Express mostly because of the people I work with. The company could make a few changes

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Express part-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the pros of working at Express as I said before are the individuals. Everyone is very welcoming and open to answering questions. The managers try to be understanding of the associates problems creating an open environment. I only work part-time so the hours change every week which is good because I would get bored of the same routine eventually.

Cons

The cons are that the managers can sometimes be a little unprofessional. There was a time when one of the managers was talking about different types of consumers by race and I thought it to be extremely inappropriate.

Also, the lunch breaks are ridiculous. You have to work 6 1/2 hours before you can get a HALF hour break. They will never give you a full hour, even if you work more than 7 hours. They will break up your break so that it equals an hour. For instance, you get 45 minutes, then a couple hours later they will give you a 15 minute break.

Lastly, the store hours. The store used to close at 9pm Monday-Saturday and 8pm on Sunday's. Now we close at 10pm Monday-Saturday and 9pm on Sunday's.

Give your employees more lunch break time.

Close the store at a decent hour so we won't get home so late.

There are newer employer reviews for Express