Express

There are newer employer reviews for Express

The Fashion Authority

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Sales Lead in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really do make a difference in people's lives. I work in a fast-paced enviroment, so there is never a dull moment. The associates are amazing. The previous SM was not good. The current SM is a world of a difference and when the right people are working, it makes everything smooth.

Cons

Little incentives. Pay is not close to what it should be for all the work that keeps the store going. Lack of pay for basic associates means a high turnover rate, but we do recruit the best. It is rare to leave when you're scheduled to leave.

Pay the associates more than the minimum.

806 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

Great co workers and fast paced work.

Current Employee - Associate in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Associate in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Definitely keeps you busy, very little time wasted doing nothing. Great environment, and awesome co workers. They really do train you very well and want you to succeed at your job. It isn't commission based but they do challenge you to reach goals every segment which is good, it helps you work harder.

Cons

Long time standing and doing similar tasks for a while. Not the fastest computer checkout system which can lead to some delays at the register. If you are busy there isn't a lot of time to figure things out for yourself, you just have to wing it or have someone else do it. It can be kind of challenging to learn new things since there isn't very much off the clock time to work on things in the store.

The employees can't afford the clothes

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my time at Express, and I enjoyed learning a few things about how to put together an outfit

Cons

The hours are in the most inconvenient times of the day. As a student, my total time commuting takes up a good portion of my day, and what I'm paid barely covers the transport cost to and fro. There is always a pressure to get NEXT, although it doesn't seem to correlate to anything besides "Employee of the Month" type status

What is the incentive for getting NEXT as an employee?

There are newer employer reviews for Express