Express

There are newer employer reviews for Express

Great Work Experience, Minimum Wage Pay

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Madison, WI
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Madison, WI

I worked at Express part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The things I learned from working at Express will be things I carry with me into my next jobs, its defiantly a great place to work to get customer service and selling skills.

Cons

The low base pay and lack of hours really make this a part time job for those who are in school or have a second part time thing.

Give more full time hours and a higher base pay.

730 Other Employee Reviews for Express (View Most Recent)

Growing company with strong management in place to help you get started

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Size of the company, tone from the top, opportunity for growth

Cons

Employee discount not great, a lot of pressure to push credit card applications

Nice introduction to the retail world

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overall working at Express is an easy, fun job. It was my first experience working in retail and the training was very thorough. The clothes are hip, cool and of a good quality and the employee discount is great. This was my second job so I viewed it as mostly a fun break from the daily grind. Easy to make your own schedule.

Cons

Working for minimum wage is absolutely horrible and from what I've heard from my managers they are not paid enough for the hours they put in. Within my store there was also a lot of gossip among employees and managers. I also find the near constant segment goals that are pushed on associates annoying. Some of the quotas that we are asked to meet are not realistic and I don't enjoy having my manger ask me why we didn't "make the day" or "go green" for the segment. I've been working here almost a year and I have no expectations of ever getting a raise.

Put less emphasis on making money and more emphasis on giving customers a great shopping experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Express