Express

www.express.com

Worst management experience I've had

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

I loved the people that worked for me. I had an amazing staff.

Cons

Way too involved just to run a clothing store. Morning routine is an hour of paperwork, charts and boards to fill out, messages to be recorded for employees to listen to- plus going to the bank and cleaning. Not to mention all the other reports and lists and plans managers have to do. Horrible pay for hourly employees AND management team- every one is constantly searching for a better paying job. Low pay = low loyalty I don't care how good of a work ethic you have.

Running a clothing store is just that. At the end of the day you are selling clothes to people- not performing brain surgery. You ask way too much. Just let people get out there and help customers.

Other reviews for Express

HATED IT

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Buffalo, NY

Pros

There was really nothing I liked about this place. There is a 20 word minimum though so that's why I keep typing.

Cons

Co-workers who thought they were privileged, long nights, re-folding a huge store at the end of the night was terrible!! Low pay, management was confused on who was really in charge (too many managers at one store). The music continually gave me a headache too!

Run your stores better

My experience was very nice, I learned alot about retail

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC

Pros

Great work enviroment. My managers were very understanding about about me still being in school. I even went to college and came back, no problem

Cons

Not enough hours, we had a team of a about twelve to fourteen people which can be frustrating when everyone wants to work full time.

There are newer employer reviews for Express.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!