There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Sweatshop full of suck ups and brown nosers

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

ESI is in a great industry, they have very nice facilities. ESPP was very good, pay and benefits were adequate.

Cons

Before I started, a friend told me that he had heard the ESI was a sweat shop. After working there I would totally agree. Poorly architected solutions resulted in many hours of extra off hours support weekly. 3 years in, and I was moved to a different group and not honestly told what my job duties would be. I found out that they expected me to to spend 80% of my time supporting legacy technologies that I made a conscience effort 10 years earlier to move away from. Mgr said, if you are going to work at ESI, this is what you are going to do - end of discussion. HR was powerless to do anything to help. In addition, I found many employees to be suck ups and brown nosers, playing the game to gain favor of mgmt without regard to how they treat others.

Eliminate the culture where employees suck up and brown nose to get ahead. Implement programs for management and worker bees to recognize one another.

788 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

You can grow quickly but don't expect to retire on your paycheck

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts

Pros

Great exposure to PBM with countless opportunities to switch career paths. My Leadership is exception and sets a good example of how to be a good boss.

Cons

chaotic information and reporting throughout the company. Communication between departments, within departments and up to leadership needs much improvement.

most of the attempts at report automation that I have seen are being designed and built on requirements that were handed down from Legacy systems. New systems are being built on old requirements because analysts and middle managers dont have the time to redesign these processes.

We spend millions on new projects without fully understand both the ideal IT design/ data structure and intended business application. Leadership of both IT and Finance need to work closely to co-sponsor projects with dedicated IT and Business champions to support both perspectives.

Unfair

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

being a mail order pharmacy, there is really no brain work to this job. the equipment counts your medication for you. if non challenging is what you prefer in a job, then this one is for you

Cons

i was let go for a situation that had happened with no prior write up for that particular event. and although i immediately fixed the situation, i was terminated. if your head isnt up your superiors ass, you will not achieve advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts