There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Very client-focused and high emphasis on integrity of the individuals and organization

Current Employee - IT Program Director in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - IT Program Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a performance-oriented culture. So the performance of employees is rewarded adequately. The organization is financially conservative, so long-term growth opportunities aren't worrisome. The company has had some phenomenal growth in the past several years.

Cons

The Org structure of the different department keeps fluctuating and hence becomes very competitive among the employees. While this is good to some extent, it also takes out the personal touch between the employees. Recent merger and expansion puts a lot of pressure among the employees to compete retain their status quo.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

5 months after the merger...still not sure?

Current Employee - Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The St. Louis buildings seem nice. People are nice (co-workers and some supervisors)

Cons

Nervous about the human resources department. Compensation and operations generalists

Advice to Management

Can you please make sure you're watching what they're doing. They seem on the up and up to you but to others they are so mean. I'm scared

Wait and See

Current Employee - Management in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Management in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Medco was a great company to work for. They showed their appreciation for their employees through both pay and the WOW program. We will see if Express Scripts can continue that

Cons

Leadership does not communicate with management in the sites let alone employees, the plan that they are working on to merge the 2 companies. We are now seeing employees being laid off and have no idea who is next or what the overall goal is. This is highly demporalizing to the employees and the atmosphere at work has plummeted as a result. Management is in no position to help the employees through this because they have not been informed either.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE!!! Let management in on the steps and goals. The empoyees dont need to know everything but they need to know that an end is in sight and that the goal we are working for is worth the pain we endure now.