There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Very client-focused and high emphasis on integrity of the individuals and organization

Current Employee - IT Program Director  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - IT Program Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has a performance-oriented culture. So the performance of employees is rewarded adequately. The organization is financially conservative, so long-term growth opportunities aren't worrisome. The company has had some phenomenal growth in the past several years.

Cons

The Org structure of the different department keeps fluctuating and hence becomes very competitive among the employees. While this is good to some extent, it also takes out the personal touch between the employees. Recent merger and expansion puts a lot of pressure among the employees to compete retain their status quo.

755 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

Medco Had A Good Thing Going

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay, benefits, and location is good for the time being. That may change, no one seems to know.

Cons

An atmosphere of secrecy looms over the day to day operation. There is no room to grow as an individual and management does not care about you contributions. Submit a simple solution to a productivity problem? You'll be told it's a great idea before you are told to cease development. Even if there was no cost to the company.

Poorly managed doesn't say enough. They announced that we would be starting to use a new software platform which we were told was not finished, had several bugs, and required dozens of work-arounds they already knew about before we even started using it. But here they were all ready to put efficiency, productivity, and customer data on the line with unfinished (and already out-dated) software. Then the day it was supposed to launch we are told there was a problem deploying it and it would be another week. A week goes by and another hiccup stalls their brilliant scheme. Two weeks later we are told it is suspended indefinitely due to major problems. They were willing to knowingly use broken software to run critical portions of the operation involving clinical drug checks, protected patient information, and patient safety. And those of us that would have had to use this to perform our jobs would have been scrutinized and micro-managed for not being able to overcome the glaring problems they gave us. Unacceptable.

Get it together. You claim to want to make an organization built from the best and brightest but so far you have demonstrated you are unfamiliar with recognizing either when they are right in front of you. You shouldn't allow your supervisors to purposefully disseminate false information regarding policies and practices in blatant attempts at getting someone to violate said policies thereby terminating their positions. This happens all the time and I've seen several go because of stunts like this. This company has the resources and ability to do something incredible for it's workers, it's clients, and above all; the patients we serve. But the boat is being steered by too many hands and not enough people are really looking out for the best interests of everyone involved.

Was a great opportunity before the acquisition. Not enough experience to determine the future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, casual work environment. Excellent team based atmosphere. Great coworkers and was an overall pleasant atmosphere. Now there is a sense of impending doom, and everything is a secret. The employees are being told nothing about the future plans Express Scripts has for the Fairfield work force.

Cons

Very strict conditions. High and overall unrealistic performance expectations, leaving an employee to feel they are not and cannot make the grade.

Be more open with your plans and either let the employees prepare for unemployment, or put their fears to rest. As it stands we feel like bugs in a jar.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!