There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

More than a number

Current Employee - Client Service
Current Employee - Client Service

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people,good manager for my department, option to work from home.

Cons

Since the merger the work is non stop I am doing the job of 4 people! Teammates are taking anti anxiety meds just to log on in the morning.. stress levels are extremely high. Tat time is nearlt impodsible due to the amount of work!! We are considered numbers,no longer people. The ESI way is robotic and non personalable. From calls to emails everything is becoming scripted, although there isnt a script! Upper managmenr has tied the hands iof the dept manger. Employees with long term "Medco tenure" are quitting left and right. ESI needs to re-evaulate keep the some of the Medco core values, they were working!! Life became miserable after the merger.

Treat your employees as people, we are not machines! Does it really matter that there was a 5 sec psuse during a call without an explaination for dead air?? Unneeded stress does not promote a healtby work enviroment

795 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

I heard it could be better in headquarters...

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Berkeley, MO
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Berkeley, MO

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits! You usually have a set schedule and they have employee appreciation days.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism and they control who performs "stretch." Turnover is a must because of all the politics here. People get fired and do not know the full reason why. When I quit people joked about how I lasted the 2 weeks and they did not fire me before it was up.

Quit worrying about numbers so much and treat your employees like humans and not the robots you want them to be.

Only Certainty is Constant Change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Health Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K with Employer Matching Contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Wonderful people to work with. Strong company to work for. Pay could be worse.

Cons

Large number of lay offs due to merger. Pay could be better. Lack of communication between departments. Uncertain of future business plans. Value of employees takes a back seat to making the numbers. Limited opportunities to advance. Company more likely to hire from outside than to promote from within.

Make the most of employee talent, skill, and education to offer more career advancement opportunities within the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts