There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Express Scripts Rewards Mediocraty

Current Employee - Pca  in  Missoula, MT
Current Employee - Pca in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great PTO, good benefits, some flexible scheduling such as work at home as long as your manager gets behind work at home.

Cons

There is almost no opportunity for advancement unless you know the right people and that isn't saying much. Rewards go to those who follow scripting but don't think much. Just saw someone get "circle of excellence" who regularly screws up and can barely compose a sentence. It makes it difficult to give your all to a company that rewards you with average reviews when you are a work horse and try hard to give the very best customer service. . Its fine if you don't expect to much but the stress level for a front line job is terrible. I make about $3 more an hour than I did 8'years ago. The only reason I stay is I'm tired of the job hunt and getting ready to retire. Also I love my coworkers. Since the merger it's gotten worse and I think it's safe to say there is a fair share of bitterness from former Medco employees. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep it up.

I think upper management has their hands tied but if not, remember the front line people. Don't insult them by rewarding them with food. You have alot of professionals who needed jobs during the job slump. Treat them as such and pay them a living wage. Quit rewarding those who read the scripting but do little else correctly. You are headed for a massive turnover. Wake up.

769 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

The Jury is still out

Current Employee - St Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ESI management is very unqualified..MSH management will be called upon to make the big decisions..PTO time is generous.

Cons

Very long hours. There is no balance vs. company and home life. Too many egos in upper management to make it a cohesive environment.

Listen to the people that are doing the work.....Don't sit back and wait to "scream" at someone.

I heard it could be better in headquarters...

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Berkeley, MO
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Berkeley, MO

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits! You usually have a set schedule and they have employee appreciation days.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism and they control who performs "stretch." Turnover is a must because of all the politics here. People get fired and do not know the full reason why. When I quit people joked about how I lasted the 2 weeks and they did not fire me before it was up.

Quit worrying about numbers so much and treat your employees like humans and not the robots you want them to be.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!