Express Scripts

Express Scripts Rewards Mediocraty

Current Employee - Pca in Missoula, MT
Current Employee - Pca in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great PTO, good benefits, some flexible scheduling such as work at home as long as your manager gets behind work at home.

Cons

There is almost no opportunity for advancement unless you know the right people and that isn't saying much. Rewards go to those who follow scripting but don't think much. Just saw someone get "circle of excellence" who regularly screws up and can barely compose a sentence. It makes it difficult to give your all to a company that rewards you with average reviews when you are a work horse and try hard to give the very best customer service. . Its fine if you don't expect to much but the stress level for a front line job is terrible. I make about $3 more an hour than I did 8'years ago. The only reason I stay is I'm tired of the job hunt and getting ready to retire. Also I love my coworkers. Since the merger it's gotten worse and I think it's safe to say there is a fair share of bitterness from former Medco employees. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep it up.

I think upper management has their hands tied but if not, remember the front line people. Don't insult them by rewarding them with food. You have alot of professionals who needed jobs during the job slump. Treat them as such and pay them a living wage. Quit rewarding those who read the scripting but do little else correctly. You are headed for a massive turnover. Wake up.

851 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

The Jury is still out

Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

ESI management is very unqualified..MSH management will be called upon to make the big decisions..PTO time is generous.

Cons

Very long hours. There is no balance vs. company and home life. Too many egos in upper management to make it a cohesive environment.

Listen to the people that are doing the work.....Don't sit back and wait to "scream" at someone.

More than a number

Current Employee - Client Service
    Current Employee - Client Service

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people,good manager for my department, option to work from home.

Cons

Since the merger the work is non stop I am doing the job of 4 people! Teammates are taking anti anxiety meds just to log on in the morning.. stress levels are extremely high. Tat time is nearlt impodsible due to the amount of work!! We are considered numbers,no longer people. The ESI way is robotic and non personalable. From calls to emails everything is becoming scripted, although there isnt a script! Upper managmenr has tied the hands iof the dept manger. Employees with long term "Medco tenure" are quitting left and right. ESI needs to re-evaulate keep the some of the Medco core values, they were working!! Life became miserable after the merger.

Treat your employees as people, we are not machines! Does it really matter that there was a 5 sec psuse during a call without an explaination for dead air?? Unneeded stress does not promote a healtby work enviroment

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts