Express Scripts

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

It's a job not a career

Current Employee - Client Service in Whitestown, IN
Current Employee - Client Service in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are outstanding. Management is very caring and kind.

Cons

Pay rate could be better. Very repetitive job.

826 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

When the company loses at least half of all new hires within the first month, something is wrong.

Former Employee - Data Entry in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits package is awesome. (At least in the union shops.)
    Guaranteed full time work.
    You can accrue up to four weeks paid vacation within one year.

Cons

Unless you're seriously down and out and just need a job to scrape by for a few months, or someone with no office experience or just out of school, then I suggest you turn and RUN not walk the other way.

For the data entry position they generally hire on about 20 people. By the end of your initial training, expect as much as half the class to have been canned. Then of those who get to advance to the floor, expect at least half more to be gone by the end of the 120 day probation period. Within a year, it would be astounding to see even one of those 20 people still working there. In my opinion, this is horrible business practice. Wouldn't it be better to hire 5 people, of whom all are very qualified, and then train them correctly (so you won't have to fire them in a few months) and pay them a living wage so they want to stay? The environment is hostile because you're constantly being told that you'll kill someone's grandma, it's extremely stressful because they expect you to pump out 30 scripts an hour which is inhuman if you're going for complete accuracy.

I lasted a month before I became so stressed out at work that I felt I couldn't perform. Seriously, unles this is your breakthrough into the medical field or the administrative field, don't even waste your time. Chances are, you won't even make it out of the first three weeks. Good freaking luck.

Stop this ridiculousness with hiring people. Hire less people, train them better, pay them more. I assure you that your company would benefit from that.

ESI is Sweatshop; Senior Management is Incompetent

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are NO positives at ESI. Senior Management (VP on up) is incompetent and they create an oppressive and toxic work environment.

Cons

The place is a sweatshop and is so inefficient with archaic and redundant processes; everything is done with Excel and PowerPoint. Many (not all, but probably 50%) Legacy-ESI folks are down-right rude and disrespectful. There is no growth opportunity which is evidenced by the poor tenure. Average tenure for employees appears to be somewhere in the neighborhood of three to five years, whereas legacy-Medco average tenure was better than 10 years.

No one can make a decision. Everything is decision by committee. It is necessary to have a meeting to make a decision. And you cannot just have a meeting, you must have at least several pre-meetings.

Employee morale among legacy-Medco folks is non-existent. We no longer have any sense of purpose, value, ownership, etc. We know management does not value us even though we built systems that they are now moving their clients to. Interestingly enough, after reading some of the reviews on this site, it is clear many legacy-ESI folks feel the same way.

Medical Benefits are terrible. Premium has nearly doubled from last year and I now have a family deductible of approx. $4,000. Time-Off policies are right out of a union shop - we no longer have an allotment of days that we can use as of 01/01; now we must accrue days before we can take time off. Therefore, if you do not "carry" days from the previous year and you are sick the first few days of January, you will NOT get paid; your paycheck will be "short".

Staffing model (at least in IT) is 25 - 40 percent employee with the remainder made up of contingents (half of which are off-shore). They have employees reporting to consultants and consultants making business decisions.

Is all of this what an educated tenured professional should expect? Of course not. It is disgraceful, and Senior Management should be embarrassed and ashamed but they are not and will not be; they simply do not care.

Stop calling the ESI-Medco merger an acquisition. Let's call it for what it really was - Dave Snow sold us out; he sold-out Medco; he sold-out Medco's stockholders and screwed 24K employees & their families.

Medco strove for Excellence; ESI strives for Mediocrity.

ESI will never achieve the greatness that was Medco; you should not even try.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts