It's a job not a career

Current Employee - Client Service  in  Whitestown, IN
Current Employee - Client Service in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are outstanding. Management is very caring and kind.

Cons

Pay rate could be better. Very repetitive job.

Other Reviews for Express Scripts

PBM with strong reliance and dedication to technology

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to more around. Bonus structure (for management level and above). Great benefits.

Cons

Huge company. Individuals get lost in the sea of employees. Lots of red-tape.

Recognize your employees more. Work with them to improve their careers.

When the company loses at least half of all new hires within the first month, something is wrong.

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits package is awesome. (At least in the union shops.)
    Guaranteed full time work.
    You can accrue up to four weeks paid vacation within one year.

Cons

Unless you're seriously down and out and just need a job to scrape by for a few months, or someone with no office experience or just out of school, then I suggest you turn and RUN not walk the other way.

For the data entry position they generally hire on about 20 people. By the end of your initial training, expect as much as half the class to have been canned. Then of those who get to advance to the floor, expect at least half more to be gone by the end of the 120 day probation period. Within a year, it would be astounding to see even one of those 20 people still working there. In my opinion, this is horrible business practice. Wouldn't it be better to hire 5 people, of whom all are very qualified, and then train them correctly (so you won't have to fire them in a few months) and pay them a living wage so they want to stay? The environment is hostile because you're constantly being told that you'll kill someone's grandma, it's extremely stressful because they expect you to pump out 30 scripts an hour which is inhuman if you're going for complete accuracy.

I lasted a month before I became so stressed out at work that I felt I couldn't perform. Seriously, unles this is your breakthrough into the medical field or the administrative field, don't even waste your time. Chances are, you won't even make it out of the first three weeks. Good freaking luck.

Stop this ridiculousness with hiring people. Hire less people, train them better, pay them more. I assure you that your company would benefit from that.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!