Express Scripts

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Too Much Uncertainty

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work From Home is a good thing that ESI offers. Also, there have been changes made that streamline customer service.

Cons

As a former Medco employee (Medco was purchased by ESI in 2012) I have seen the quality of employee recognition go gradually but steadily down. When I first hired on over 10 years ago, we would have a Service Anniversary lunch with managers and also other small recognitions of top quality service. Now, it's just another day with the headset on. Also, ESI have decided to fill the ranks of CSRs with outsourced reps from Manila and temps. This has led to a decrease in morale among the veterans as well.

One question to Management: Why are you driving off your best-trained and loyal employees?

900 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

Market Development

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Leadership at the top was excellent

Cons

Poor Leadership and Training in the position I was in. New manager had no clue about the industry. Before accepting a position with them keep in mind that you will no longer be able to work in the industry for at least one year due to their non-compete agreement. I have 18 years of experience in the industry and now have been handcuffed for 12 months.

Express Scripts Rewards Mediocraty

Current Employee - Pca in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Pca in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great PTO, good benefits, some flexible scheduling such as work at home as long as your manager gets behind work at home.

Cons

There is almost no opportunity for advancement unless you know the right people and that isn't saying much. Rewards go to those who follow scripting but don't think much. Just saw someone get "circle of excellence" who regularly screws up and can barely compose a sentence. It makes it difficult to give your all to a company that rewards you with average reviews when you are a work horse and try hard to give the very best customer service. . Its fine if you don't expect to much but the stress level for a front line job is terrible. I make about $3 more an hour than I did 8'years ago. The only reason I stay is I'm tired of the job hunt and getting ready to retire. Also I love my coworkers. Since the merger it's gotten worse and I think it's safe to say there is a fair share of bitterness from former Medco employees. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep it up.

I think upper management has their hands tied but if not, remember the front line people. Don't insult them by rewarding them with food. You have alot of professionals who needed jobs during the job slump. Treat them as such and pay them a living wage. Quit rewarding those who read the scripting but do little else correctly. You are headed for a massive turnover. Wake up.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts