Express Scripts

www.express-scripts.com

Patient Advocate

Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe pro was that the job was only a 10 minute drive from my home and didn't require me to use the highway. My coworkers were fine, many of them in their mid 20's and beginning to get immersed in the work world.

ConsWorked in the call center with patient assistance program for Pfizer medications. There was no work/life balance. If you weren't able to be at work when you were scheduled and the absence was not planned in advance, you were penalized by receiving points on the discipline system. The St. Louis area had a blizzard in February of 2011 and I missed two days and was penalized. The points you build up remain on your record for one year! There were no opportunities for advancement, supervisors were unable to provide consistent leadership. You could do the best job possible everyday and it accounts for nothing. you are constantly told that you are not doing what is needed, but what is needed is always changing! I took the job to get my foot in the door at the company and found out it is basically impossible to obtain a position in the Pharmacy Benefit Management side of the company. When I received a raise it was only .10 per hour. My final payrate was 11.10 per hour. Not a living wage. As a whole, my experience with the company was horrible. We made no money but th CEO is raking in money. Horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. Tried to give advice to supervisors and managers and they don't care. They are only concerned with keeping their job.

So far, everyone has been very nice and professional.

Staff Investigator Associate (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for less than a year

Pros: PTO, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, good health benefits. Cons: Accrued PTO, scheduling is done by an outsourced company Advice to Senior Management: Great job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor management, little interest in employees. OK as a starting job, not as a career.

Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good employee atmosphere. Facilities are nice. Hours are consistent and… Cons: Little opportunity for advancement, those opportunities that are available do not provide much of a pay raise. The company itself is not that concerned about… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees for once. Stop making excuses and do something about the legitimate complaints. Establish… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Express Scripts.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!