There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Patient Advocate

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pro was that the job was only a 10 minute drive from my home and didn't require me to use the highway. My coworkers were fine, many of them in their mid 20's and beginning to get immersed in the work world.

Cons

Worked in the call center with patient assistance program for Pfizer medications. There was no work/life balance. If you weren't able to be at work when you were scheduled and the absence was not planned in advance, you were penalized by receiving points on the discipline system. The St. Louis area had a blizzard in February of 2011 and I missed two days and was penalized. The points you build up remain on your record for one year! There were no opportunities for advancement, supervisors were unable to provide consistent leadership. You could do the best job possible everyday and it accounts for nothing. you are constantly told that you are not doing what is needed, but what is needed is always changing! I took the job to get my foot in the door at the company and found out it is basically impossible to obtain a position in the Pharmacy Benefit Management side of the company. When I received a raise it was only .10 per hour. My final payrate was 11.10 per hour. Not a living wage. As a whole, my experience with the company was horrible. We made no money but th CEO is raking in money. Horrible.

No advice. Tried to give advice to supervisors and managers and they don't care. They are only concerned with keeping their job.

762 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

So far, everyone has been very nice and professional.

Current Employee - Staff Investigator Associate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Staff Investigator Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for less than a year

Pros

PTO, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, good health benefits.

Cons

Accrued PTO, scheduling is done by an outsourced company

Great job!

Poor management, little interest in employees. OK as a starting job, not as a career.

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good employee atmosphere. Facilities are nice. Hours are consistent and they are always hiring.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement, those opportunities that are available do not provide much of a pay raise. The company itself is not that concerned about employee's, you'll be met with an excuse for everything. Need a better chair with good back support? You'll be handed a thick packet to have your doctor fill out only to be told that the current chairs meet all your requirements. Want to bring your own? No it's a liability. They won't let you work at home unless your stats are near perfect (hard to achieve), I had to leave the company due to a disability. Was told that work at home was a privilege for top performers. I was in the top 10% of performing employee's, some weeks I was in the top 3-5%.

The worst part is that they are always changing policies that affect your workflow. As soon as you start getting comfortable and good at doing things one way, your made to do them another.

Listen to your employees for once. Stop making excuses and do something about the legitimate complaints. Establish rules and procedures and KEEP THEM, then maybe implement changes once a year, not every other week.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!