Express Scripts

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Assistant Project Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager

I worked at Express Scripts as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, organized, apart of something that is actually important

Cons

I was a contracted worker, and the way full time employees treat contracted workers is weird. I sat in a room with 2 other contracted workers totally separated from full time employees.

Upper management should work everyday in the office, having a manager that works remotely from home is a huge pain

900 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

The worst employment experience of my career

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

salary, facilities, strong business outlook

Cons

An extreme case of passive aggressive organizational culture, conflict management techniques that rival WWE farces, mid level staff management that is utterly untrustworthy and not at all above sacrificing staff to maintain their own status, a 'get it done now' work ethic that is blind to the consequences of haste and poor planning for sustainability, and tries to blame implementation teams post deployment, regardless of their guidance, and, I kid you not, the worst company coffee in St. Louis. I am not joking. Advancement is possible, but only through personal relationships. Merit is not a factor, who you know and how you serve them is. In this respect this organization takes cliques to the furthest extreme I have ever seen in my career, and I have never seen an organization with a more vindictive response to any perceived challenge or dissent voiced by any employee.

Financially the company is quite successful. That cannot be argued. How they handle individual contributors or first line staff management may be atrocious, but their business is able to work effectively with the turnover and general malaise and dissatisfaction that is rife in the reviews. From a human and humane perspective the organization is a train wreck, but that's not it's job. Serving its business model and its shareholders is its job, and in that respect it's quite successful. The culture is too ingrained to change, and there are no drivers to do so. Employees are a commodity (and not just for this organization) and Express Scripts does take a pretty Machiavellian view of things. If you do not have ambitions of long term service, negotiate your salary well, and start at Express Scripts with an exit strategy then it can be a good place for seasoning, or adding a prestigious reference to your resume.

Great company... when the company was called Medco

Current Employee - RPH
    Current Employee - RPH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They pay me every week and provide medical insurance.

Cons

penny-pinching, disorganized, micromanaging, incompetent, lack of compassion. We all miss Medco!

Good employees will leave(and have) if changes aren't made.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts