There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Merger not as bad as I anticipated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great co workers, great benefits,love what I do!!

Cons

ESI more demanding and they watch your every move,must be able to account for every moment in idle time. Makes it more stressful, but also makes us accountable. If we do our jobs we don't have to worry about job security.Recognition program now in place makes it nearly impossible to earn enough reward perk points to even redeem your reward points to get anything worth the wait. Miss the wow program. Raise wasnt as good as last year even though I did better overall than past years. Upper management keeps changing things just as we get adapted to it.

Advice to Management

Really listen to those of us on the front lines talking calls and actually implement our ideas. Recognize employees on the lower tiers rather than always giving employee of the quarter to upper level personnel. We at the front lines are the ones who determine whether the company actually makes money!! Fix that by valuing us more and our company will flourish by leaps and bounds!!

reviews filtered by

Heartbreaking

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation time is really good, at least on the Legacy Medco side of things.

Cons

Upper management does not care at all about the employees. Everything is about numbers, to the point where it's detrimental to our customers. They want attainable numbers, but care nothing for sustainable numbers. If you have the audacity to speak your mind, even with data backing you up, they are willing to strip as many privileges away from you as they possibly can.

Morale is terrible. I used to work for Medco, and the company was so much better to its employees, and in turn, to its patients. Middle management is in a turn over extravaganza, and everything is falling apart.

And the company doesn't seem to care. It's still all numbers, and if we can't stay up to par, even when they throw barriers in our way to slow us down, then we're obviously just not good enough.

Advice to Management

Listen to us. You may say you do, and that there's an open door policy, but that is a fallacy. We know how to do our jobs, surprisingly enough. Honestly, come to us, sit in our chairs, and you try to meet the numbers you've arbitrarily given us.

The patients are running the asylum!

Current Employee - Client Service in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Service in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

WFH option in some business units, decent pay and benefits. That's all, folks!

Cons

The merger has ruined this place. Pure h#*! on earth. If you are a postive person with a good outlook on life then I suggest you RUN far, far away. ESI will destroy your soul and age you very quickly. I've witnessed people literally crying at their desks (NJ offices). NO support from management, VERY long hours, unrealistic expectations, very high turnover, discriminatory practices, unethical behavior, alot of fishy things done behind the scenes, etc....If you want a good picture of what life is like at Express Scripts, I suggest you watch the film "Misery". Imagine you (potential EE) are the author, Paul Sheldon and Express Scripts is Kathy Bates. Like I said, RUN!

Advice to Management

I was born at night, but not last night.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts