Express Scripts

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Leaving in a week

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist
Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For me, the best reason is that it is close to my home. If you prefer repetitive, routine work, then you may like it.

Cons

It's "all about the numbers". More emphasis is placed on productivity numbers than customer service. Expected productivity rates are unrealistic and result in associates doing whatever is necessary to make the rates, which includes shortcuts that do not result in beneficial outcomes, . Customer service gets lip service only, it is not a priority, which is evident for customers and Dr's offices who call in and cannot talk to a live person because so many departments use voice mail as a first line.
Not many advancement opportunities for pharmacists. Loads of Supervisor positions for technicians since they are paid less. Pharmacists are not valued for their knowledge or experience. If you can't make the numbers, you are out.

Start valuing your employees and showing them true appreciation as in monetary bonuses rather than Express Scripts backpacks (I have 2). If you appreciate your employees and make them feel they have a vested interest in the company, they will develop loyalty to the company and will strive to be more productive. I was extremely loyal and proud of my company, before it was bought out by ESI. Because of the way we are treated now, I have no loyalty and am leaving after many years of service.

936 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

Merger has killed moral

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home option,holidays. Good job to get your feet wet to learn about coporate politics. Learned alot about politics.

Cons

Do not hire per their own job description, micromanagement, do not value hard working employees who have proven results, do not value education or experience. If you are the type who does not know anyone or socialize outside of work with their peers you will not go far.

Please listen and communicate with employees. Treat everyone as equals do not judge by what others say let the work and numbers speak. Look at qualifications and research that person before you advance because the employees can do some digging too.

Customer Determination Represtative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

This company allowed their reps to work from home

Cons

This company does a lot of lay offs

None