Express Scripts

www.express-scripts.com
  www.express-scripts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Growing company. Strong, competent, supportive Senior Management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Challenging and evolving business. Merit based culture. Excellent benefits. Competitive salary.

Cons

Very fast paced and difficult for those who are not used to that environment.

Continue to invest in cross-functional training.

851 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

Wish it was a better place to work

Current Employee - Insurance in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO time accural, don't have to drive far to work,

Cons

Do not know if you will have a job in January. No job opportunities for Legacy ESI employee's but tons of opportunities for Legacy Accredo employee's. Tons of Accredo employee's talk down the the ESI employee's very sad. They promote we are one company know but how come Accredo IV specialist received bonus but ESI employee's got nothing. Accredo employee's are paid better than ESI employee's so stop lying to employee's by saying we are one company. Another thing ESI is good about laying employee's off around the holiday's everyday I worry I am not going to have a job. I have devoted myself to this company, gone home after working 10 to 12 hours days 7 days a week, have bent over backwards to get the job done and feel like I everyday I don't know if I will have a job. Be prepared employee's the holiday is coming and so are the pink slips. With what you pay your Accredo employee's let some of them go and the company will save some money. If I could find another job I would leave but I have not found one yet, as soon as I do I am gone.
    Very sad, management does not read these and take notice of a declining situation.

Vic and George quit lying to your employee's and the patients this was not about keeping the costs of healthcare services down this was about making money for yourselves. Stop telling the employee's they have a job and will get training in the new system it's almost January. You both are becoming polician's, telling people to stop being greedy. Support your employee's, you give your employee's 100% your employee's will give back 200%. Start listening to the one's that do the work, doctor's are complaining about the rotten service to there patients ask the one's that do the jobs for there advice.

Lack of focus on quality and employees--it's all about the money

Current Employee - Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Pharmacist

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Esi (formerly Medco) for 5 years. It is very close to home and very relaxed environment. Wearing jeans to work daily is a definite plus. Since the merger, there has been some improvement in reducing the non clinical work that is given to Rph's. That is a pro in some cases, but is causing lack of quality in others.

Cons

As others have mentioned, customer service is just lip service. The focus on customer service has declined greatly since the merger, and patients complain about it all the time. The quality of service given to our patients is so low, all we can do is remain quiet when the patients are upset, even though we agree with them wholeheartedly. The lack of respect for pharmacists and clinical judgement is laughable. While Medco was a very forward thinking, clinical type of PBM, ESI is only about saving money and making sure it's stock is valuable. Therefore things that Medco figured out a long time ago regarding quality, compliance and customer service are being ignored, and in effect, things are going backward. If we do something wrong, we are expected to somehow let the patient feel it is their fault. I have tried to be optimistic since the merger, but am quickly realizing things are going in the wrong direction. It's very disappointing.

Middle management tries their best to boost morale, but their disgust for the company is apparent. It feels as if senior management is ignoring the best Medco had to offer, and gives little to no respect to the staff and mgmt that came from Medco. What is and will continue to happen is the best employees will find another place to provide their talent due to the lack of recognition of what you already have.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts