Express Scripts

www.express-scripts.com
  www.express-scripts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Formerly a nice place to work - when it was Medco

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Franklin Lakes, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work at home ability. I can't think of any other pros

Cons

There are so many to list - Loss of benefits with the buy out (no, it wasn't a merger). Lack of recognition for a job well done (unless you're stepping on someone else). When you get rid of or lose all the good people that know anything and actually work you will be left with no talent to run the business. No training - unless it's free. Cheap cheap cheap. A world class company is allowed to spend money on nurturing it's employees and giving them tools needed.

Stop talking the talk and have some action around that talk. There is no mutual respect.

828 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

New employee training is very poor, along with a generally hostile work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

ESI is a fast-paced, learn-as-you-go environment with no margin for error. Some people will thrive in this environment and others won't. If you like feeling that kind of pressure for 8+ hours a day then you will love working for this company.

Cons

Entry level compensation is not comparable to other local call centers. ESI supports an extraordinarily poor training staff that is not skilled in teaching people with different learning styles and abilities. Schedules are very erratic which makes a work/home life balance impossible (however, that fact is made very clear during the interview process). Be warned, a hostile work environment is glaringly apparent between contingent, legacy, and new employees. That being the case, the aforementioned statements should not be surprising considering that ESI is merely a call center that handles prescription benefits for group insurance companies and its participants.

Acquire skilled trainers that actually know how to adapt teaching methods for adult learners. Consider implementing instructor guided hands-on training modules that provide mock experience before handling live accounts. Engaging teaching methods will significantly improve self-confidence, information retention, and reduce high employee turnover. It makes good business sense to reduce cost through the retention of skilled employees rather than to continually recruit and improperly train new hires.

ESI is not the #2 worst Company to work for. They are #1. ESI Sucks!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Whitestown, IN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Whitestown, IN

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There aren't any pro's when it comes to working for this company. If you're considering taking a job with this company you better read the reviews first and run as far away from this company as possible.

Cons

They don't care about there employees. Oh! Let me rephrase that. They care about the Directors and the Vice President 's. The pay sucks! The expectations are unrealistic! There is no opportunity for advancement! The CEO is lining his pockets with all of the profit and expects everyone else (except the Directors and VP's) to work for pennies. The morale in the entire building is horrible. People are leaving the company like crazy. All of the good employees have either left the company or are looking for other jobs. The only people that stay are the bad employees that can't get hired at another company. When I left the company, I had 17 of my 20 employees that begged me to take them with me. Twelve of them applied for a job at my new company and 8 of them got hired at my new company and 2 of them got hired elsewhere. So ESI lost 11 people in a 30 day period. Any other company would see that as a red flag and try to fix things but not express scripts. I would have rated this company a ZERO but the lowest rating I could give them was a ONE.

Read the reviews and start over from scratch. There are so many things wrong with this company, that it would take me a week to list them all. But the 1st thing the company needs to do is hire a new CEO! One who cares about his employees more than he cares a out himself.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts