Mislead by upper management and HR on pay.

Former Employee - Account Manager
Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at the company are generally nice, but the overall structure and organization of the company is in need of change. You work with many different teams but there is often a lack of organization and a lot of employees do not want to be held accountable for their actions, or prefer to try to pass on their work to someone else.

Cons

You work with many different internal teams but there is often a lack of organization and a lot of employees do not want to be held accountable for their actions, or prefer to try to pass on their work to someone else. I did not received the raise that I was promised. I was given a percentage raise by my manager, and then when I looked in the HR system, the raise I received was below what I was advised I would receive. An email to my manager went unanswered.

At the account management division, there is way too much micromanagement. Let employees do their jobs.

Other Reviews for Express Scripts

Culture of Disposable Employees

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is a large company, which offers some piece of mind, average to above health
    insurance but costs $$, hours are good, and time off can be flexible. The company is
    full of Good people to work with, who try to do a good job for our patients.

Cons

The company sets strictly enforced rate expectations for Pharmacist and
    Technicians that are mostly unattainable without cutting corners. If
    you are making corrections or needing to clarify something or spending
    more than average time with a patient or doctor's office on the phone
    then it will make it more difficult to achieve the expected rate. This
    puts us in a compromising position, where job security is threatened at
    the expense of potentially decreasing patient safety, and or not
    fulfilling patient/client expectations. This is a perfect storm in an
    environment where there are fewer and fewer jobs available. There has
    been significant increases in efficiency's deserving of praise, but only
     met with higher rate expectations and threats. This company appears
    not to appreciate its workers, and have stripped away the pride that
    many used to have in their work. At the end of the day I am
    increasingly left with the feeling that I didn't do the best job for the
     patient and deliver what their insurance is paying for and expecting.
    There is also very little if any company sponsored events for employees
    outside work hours.

Everyone wants their company to succeed in this competitive market and would be
    happy to see increases in production. But the current threatening work environment does not help a company to be the best, and most competitive in the Market Place. It Does not create a Team of Dedicated workers that collaborate at times to do the best job for their patients, but rather a collection of Individuals who are less likely to help each other knowing that it could hurt their rates and therefore their job security. These same individuals know that each time they catch an error and have to clarify something on the prescription it can directly lower their rates. Finding errors on prescriptions used to be a measure of an above average employee, who was praised for doing a good job. Now finding too many errors and spending time to correct it will cause them to have lower rates and ultimately risk loosing their job. Employees are moms and dads, husbands and wives, sisters and brothers and lastly they are also real people and our patients. If there are too many employees do the right thing and lay us off, or offer more separation agreements. If not measure us on metrics that produce a better quality product for our patients. There should be a balance between rates and quality incentives. Not only do these tactics do nothing to improve the our business and reputation, they put patients and contracts at risk, hurt the moral by demeaning the same employees who continue to give more of themselves, and lastly they do much worse by destroying the very Integrity of business we serve.

Decent Benefits, Stressful, hostile work environment.

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Union Job at my site, because of this we are have a 90/10 insurance plan instead of ESI's default 70/30 plan. Started at 15$hour and make 19$/hour now after 5 years, again I'd thank the union as most ESI Sites start at 10 or 12.

Cons

This is a thankless job. The metric for keeping your job is your rate. Quality has no recorded metric, I've never heard of anyone here getting fired for quality. Back to rate - the only thing that matters is the rate number, did I mention you get credit for either processing the prescription or completely unclearing the whole thing? They call this Defer'ing work which again they dont track and can only be recognized when another employee sees your work and takes the time to Email their supervisor, which doesn't happen, because it slows their rate down.

I actually liked the Job when it was Medco. We had quality meetings bi-monthly where we discussed issues, we had prepared meals a few times per year, our birthdays were recognized, our annual Hire date was recognized with a small party with treats, we had bonuses, we received a gift card for christmas, etc. All these things are gone.

Did I mention we have a 3 year pay freeze?

You fired all of the Medco Management that was personable. Not smart. Treat us like Human Beings. Don't get mad when we follow our schedules, yes really. Most Medco employees could use communicator to talk between sites, it got problems taken care of, why did you take it away?

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!