Express Scripts

www.express-scripts.com
  www.express-scripts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Mislead by upper management and HR on pay.

Former Employee - Account Manager
Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at the company are generally nice, but the overall structure and organization of the company is in need of change. You work with many different teams but there is often a lack of organization and a lot of employees do not want to be held accountable for their actions, or prefer to try to pass on their work to someone else.

Cons

You work with many different internal teams but there is often a lack of organization and a lot of employees do not want to be held accountable for their actions, or prefer to try to pass on their work to someone else. I did not received the raise that I was promised. I was given a percentage raise by my manager, and then when I looked in the HR system, the raise I received was below what I was advised I would receive. An email to my manager went unanswered.

At the account management division, there is way too much micromanagement. Let employees do their jobs.

858 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

Decent Benefits, Stressful, hostile work environment.

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Union Job at my site, because of this we are have a 90/10 insurance plan instead of ESI's default 70/30 plan. Started at 15$hour and make 19$/hour now after 5 years, again I'd thank the union as most ESI Sites start at 10 or 12.

Cons

This is a thankless job. The metric for keeping your job is your rate. Quality has no recorded metric, I've never heard of anyone here getting fired for quality. Back to rate - the only thing that matters is the rate number, did I mention you get credit for either processing the prescription or completely unclearing the whole thing? They call this Defer'ing work which again they dont track and can only be recognized when another employee sees your work and takes the time to Email their supervisor, which doesn't happen, because it slows their rate down.

I actually liked the Job when it was Medco. We had quality meetings bi-monthly where we discussed issues, we had prepared meals a few times per year, our birthdays were recognized, our annual Hire date was recognized with a small party with treats, we had bonuses, we received a gift card for christmas, etc. All these things are gone.

Did I mention we have a 3 year pay freeze?

You fired all of the Medco Management that was personable. Not smart. Treat us like Human Beings. Don't get mad when we follow our schedules, yes really. Most Medco employees could use communicator to talk between sites, it got problems taken care of, why did you take it away?

Unreasonable expectations

Current Employee - Data Entry Technician
    Current Employee - Data Entry Technician

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is the occasional opportunity for overtime and if we're not a phone technician you can listen to music while working

Cons

The production quotas are very high and unreasonable when trying to keep patient safety in mind, the work instructions change constantly and occasionally drastically, along with OT the employees are subject to" voluntary time off" if there is not enough work, and while they say they want to hear your ideas for improvement most of the time those ideas are ignored, they identify themselves as a "healthcare company" yet take little to no steps to help keep their employees healthy

Learn how to communicate without making it seem like we're bringing down the planet and please learn what we do! It's hypocritical for upper management to criticize the lower level employees when they don't even know what we do

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts