There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

Mislead by upper management and HR on pay.

Former Employee - Account Manager
Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at the company are generally nice, but the overall structure and organization of the company is in need of change. You work with many different teams but there is often a lack of organization and a lot of employees do not want to be held accountable for their actions, or prefer to try to pass on their work to someone else.

Cons

You work with many different internal teams but there is often a lack of organization and a lot of employees do not want to be held accountable for their actions, or prefer to try to pass on their work to someone else. I did not received the raise that I was promised. I was given a percentage raise by my manager, and then when I looked in the HR system, the raise I received was below what I was advised I would receive. An email to my manager went unanswered.

Advice to Management

At the account management division, there is way too much micromanagement. Let employees do their jobs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Culture of Disposable Employees

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is a large company, which offers some piece of mind, average to above health insurance but costs $$, hours are good, and time off can be flexible. The company is full of Good people to work with, who try to do a good job for our patients.

Cons

The company sets strictly enforced rate expectations for Pharmacist and Technicians that are mostly unattainable without cutting corners. If you are making corrections or needing to clarify something or spending more than average time with a patient or doctor's office on the phone then it will make it more difficult to achieve the expected rate. This puts us in a compromising position, where job security is threatened at the expense of potentially decreasing patient safety, and or not fulfilling patient/client expectations. This is a perfect storm in an environment where there are fewer and fewer jobs available. There has been significant increases in efficiency's deserving of praise, but only met with higher rate expectations and threats. This company appears not to appreciate its workers, and have stripped away the pride that many used to have in their work. At the end of the day I am increasingly left with the feeling that I didn't do the best job for the patient and deliver what their insurance is paying for and expecting. There is also very little if any company sponsored events for employees outside work hours.

Advice to Management

Everyone wants their company to succeed in this competitive market and would be happy to see increases in production. But the current threatening work environment does not help a company to be the best, and most competitive in the Market Place. It Does not create a Team of Dedicated workers that collaborate at times to do the best job for their patients, but rather a collection of Individuals who are less likely to help each other knowing that it could hurt their rates and therefore their job security. These same individuals know that each time they catch an error and have to clarify something on the prescription it can directly lower their rates. Finding errors on prescriptions used to be a measure of an above average employee, who was praised for doing a good job. Now finding too many errors and spending time to correct it will cause them to have lower rates and ultimately risk loosing their job. Employees are moms and dads, husbands and wives, sisters and brothers and lastly they are also real people and our patients. If there are too many employees do the right thing and lay us off, or offer more separation agreements. If not measure us on metrics that produce a better quality product for our patients. There should be a balance between rates and quality incentives. Not only do these tactics do nothing to improve the our business and reputation, they put patients and contracts at risk, hurt the moral by demeaning the same employees who continue to give more of themselves, and lastly they do much worse by destroying the very Integrity of business we serve.

Could be better

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

EVacation time, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, work from home one day a week. Nice coworkers

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, unappreciated. No concern for employees home life. HR department is a joke.

Advice to Management

Pay people more! Recognize what they do every day for our customers. Take the bottom feeders and fire thems!