Express Scripts

www.express-scripts.com

Change isn't always good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin Lakes, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Pros

As long as they keep the building in Franklin Lakes, NJ, the location is great if you live in Northern NJ or NY.

Cons

When ESI bought Medco, they decided to use most of the Medco systems but keep their processes. Over the years Medco grew and improved and now ESI has taken them back to the dark ages. People are over-worked, others are being let go, and many of those who chose to stay have been demoted. Morale is at an all time low. Supplying reports to senior management is NOT more important than fixing problems. Patching problems is NOT more important than getting to the root cause.

Listen to the people who know the systems. Stop talking about a work life balance when you don't give it to your employees. Bring back the old benefits.

Other reviews for Express Scripts

bad management, keep downsizing.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

Pros

nothing pro much of the time. free food only on holidays.

Cons

cut hours, miscommunication, they don't hire new people.

hire people

Not happy with this company

Former Employee - Pharmacist  in  Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Dublin, OH

Pros

Standard benefits, can minimally flex hours (work a Saturday) if need to, 401K match

Cons

I had a phone job/ all calls were listened to and evaluated/ there was constant coaching or negativity about calls and micromanagement to follow a script even as a professional. We were evaluated on quota and output, rather than quality. If you fell below their high quota, you heard about it. Equipment was constantly crashing or failing, but we were expected to keep up the same high numbers. Customer service seemed to be non-existent in most cases that I transferred to CS for help. When Express Scripts took over Medco they cut bonuses to all employees in my dept. and that was equivalent to a large pay cut. Only a very few top people now receive a small bonus, the rest get nothing. Their hourly pay is way below other jobs in my field, and they clock every minute you are on the computer. If their equipment fails or there is an internet outage, they expect people to make up the time on their own if they work at home. Not enough pd time off for the pressure of the job. Substandard health insurance at a tiered cost: if you make more, you pay substantially more for it.

More pd time off and better wages. More part-time positions. Yes we know the CEO gets millions in bonus for the work we do, but investing more in making your work force happier will result in much more loyal employees. STOP listening to calls of licensed professionals and give them grades like they are middle-schoolers. Do more than email us, "Great job, team." How about a paid day off once in awhile as reward for a job well done. Reinstate a decent bonus as incentive to do more than minimal. There is no recognition for good work, outside receiving a group email. Keep people better informed as to what is happening within the company. I never even knew who my upper managers were. Most of them left between the time Medco took over and now, and the new ones never bothered to contact my dept. to introduce themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!