Express Scripts

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

This Company Has Unrealistic Expectations

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I met some great people

Cons

There is no work life balance

The work load is too much for every employee. Nothing is ever good enough for management. Many mistakes are made by all departments due to overwhelming work loads. There are many blackout days so even though PTO is earned, it's difficult to use. People hesitate to use their PTO because digging out of e-mails and issues is nearly impossible upon returning to the office. Then there are others that have maxed out their PTO so they will use one day and just work from home. It's no way to live.

852 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

No direction for senior leadership, unrealistic expectations, and don't bother unless you want to live in St Louis.

Former Employee - Clinical Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Clinical Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None. Working for this company was horrible.

Cons

Every day hung over the employees the possibility of layoffs...if you worked anywhere other than in St Louis. Direction is supposed to trickle down, giving employees no view into the big picture of their responsibilities...resulting in shoddy Frankenstein-like solutions. The timelines on projects are nothing short of ridiculous, and the attitude is to get things implemented and worry about whether it runs or is correct later. One day, there will be major compliance implications. Oh, and "pharmacy that goes farther" is the most horrible grammatical error in a slogan I have ever heard. It makes me embarrassed to have worked there.

Get a clinical person to run things. A patient advocate. Not a bean counter who does stock price acrobatics to keep things looking good when they're not.

Started out great

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

The company provided me a great learning experience and earlier in career I had the opportunity to mentor with some great leaders.

Cons

Totally lost sight of the Expressway Values and the meaning of mintegrity and mutual respect.

Work to develop your staff thought positive reinforcement and realistic development plans. Management through intimidation and insults never has positive results. It was a hard decision for me to leave a position I loved, but could not work where there is no respect. It is so unfortunate.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts