Express Scripts

Strategy

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

It was a great summer, and I think the program was wonderful. They really want your to actively engage with your group and respect and want your opinions.

Cons

Really IT based in the intern program in numbers--they overtake everything. Yet, the intern program really wants more kids from better schools so this should improve. The company is kind of a by the book model.

I would say catch up with your growth--but its a great company and a whole lot of fun. They need to realize how fast theire growing.

856 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

All work and no fun.

Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

I enjoyed the fact that I was helping customers. That my immediate supervisor was willing to listen to my ideas for change.

Cons

No communicain between floor staff and management. Not honest with staff. One day everyone reeived an email. Peope were told to go to one of two places. Those that were told to go to one place was informed that they had been laid off effective immediately and that supervisor were packing their desk for them.

Communicate with staff.

Promote from within

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Express Scripts

Pros

Non-typical pharmacist job duties
    Several different departments to work in
    Standard schedules

Cons

No promotional opportunities for pharmacists without an MBA. Almost all management positions are filled externally with no training or career development for current staff. Very numbers driven for employee performance, which creates poor customer service. For a mail order pharmacy, you would think pharmacists would be more involved in the operating and management processes. Pharmacists are not well respected and are considered just entry level staff. It’s amazing how a Doctorate degree taking 6 plus years is considered entry level when the VP only has a 2 year MBA degree.

Promote from within and move away from the mindset that pharmacists don’t make good managers. Tuition reimbursement amount needs to be increased. Offering 5K for an MBA degree that requires 50-60K makes no sense. Developing current talent should be a priority rather than an after thought. Segment, Automate, and Eliminate does not instill motivation or a sense of company team work. Getting promoted has a lot to do with who you know rather than what you know. Case in point, how many management positions in the last year have been given to AMEX employees who knew a VP or other executive?

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts