Strategy

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

It was a great summer, and I think the program was wonderful. They really want your to actively engage with your group and respect and want your opinions.

Cons

Really IT based in the intern program in numbers--they overtake everything. Yet, the intern program really wants more kids from better schools so this should improve. The company is kind of a by the book model.

Advice to Management

I would say catch up with your growth--but its a great company and a whole lot of fun. They need to realize how fast theire growing.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

1. All work and no fun.

Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Bloomington, MN

Pros

I enjoyed the fact that I was helping customers. That my immediate supervisor was willing to listen to my ideas for change.

Cons

No communicain between floor staff and management. Not honest with staff. One day everyone reeived an email. Peope were told to go to one of two places. Those that were told to go to one place was informed that they had been laid off effective immediately and that supervisor were packing their desk for them.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff.

2. Good Coworkers, Low Job Security

Former Employee - Senior Java Programmer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Java Programmer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

My coworkers were generally good to be around and I got to work on some large and complicated Java software

Cons

Sudden and massive layoffs and project cancellations, last minute changes that invalidate large chunks of work, poor communication between employees and managers

Advice to Management

Fire everyone who has anything to do with IT management and start over with people who have absolutely nothing to do with anybody who works there currently. Maybe try hiring all those people from somewhere outside Saint Louis and relocating them to Saint Louis.