Run

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Port St Lucie, FL
Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

not many to mention at all.

Cons

the whole position is a con that's what there good at the Long Con.

Advice to Management

manage instead of babysit and show favoritism.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

Slavery, not a job

Current Contractor - IT Consultant
    Current Contractor - IT Consultant

I have been working at Express Scripts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I can work at home. I can wear jeans when I go to the office

Cons

I am an IT consultant. Everything is a challenge. They make everything diffficult. The procedures are convoluted, arcane, and constantly changing, so it's a guessing game what the latest procedure is to get something done. There is very little collaboration. The environment is for the most part, hostile and unfriendly with lots of bickering and backstabbing. There are islands of hope---nice people here and there, but they are the exception. People are generally rude and high handed. Since I am a consultant, there are endless layers of management. Management is disengaged and has no knowledge and couldn't care less about the workers. The place is full of clueless people, so if you know anything at all or are a good worker, you are expected to do the work of three people, since most people can barely do their jobs. I am expected to do everything for everyone. The hours and expectations are endless, because no one is level setting with the business (I am in IT). Workers cannot get their most basic needs met. I work on two computers---one is currently broken, the other has to be rebooted 5 times a day. I am working at home full time now because the consulting company manager couldn't be bothered to get us a place to sit in the office. Any time I have an issue, no one cares, but if management has an issue I have to get it done 5 minutes ago. There are endless hours on mind numbing conference calls, which means you have to work overtime to get work done to make up for the hours you had to spend on calls; they mistake conference calls for productivity. IBM (the contractor) cut the pay and hours for all non-management contractors, so that was our reward for all our hard work. I am now expected to do 3 times the work at the lowest hourly rate I've had in a decade. Work life balance is nonexistent, you are expected to be available to work all the time---evenings, weekends, etc. on short notice or no notice.

Advice to Management

Acquire some knowledge of technology and care about your workers---genuine caring, not pseudo empathy. If you are incapable of doing either, you don't deserve to be in management.

Stay Awat

Pros

none... i guess it's a job

Cons

everything, low pay, low morale, management are back -stabbers