Extended Stay America

www.extendedstayamerica.com

Delightful- a great place for young, hospitality professionals.

Hotel Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI enjoy the relaxed culture that extended stay properties have. Because we host long-term guests, I have the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with our guests. Because of our small size, I have the chance to impact the lives of every staff member, every day. I have the opportunity to learn about every role in the hotel- front desk, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, accounting, payroll, revenue management, purchasing, food & beverage, reservations, and human resources. It's a great place to learn the ropes of hotel management. Our CEO, Jim Donald is great. He sends all his managers daily, voicemail blasts that pep us up and keep us in the loop. The communication between top and middle management is the best I have ever seen.

ConsEven with incentives, the pay is low. To be fair, we were recently told that the pay structure would be revisited. Checklists: Wow. There is not much room for creativity in the workplace. Although the shared mission states that innovation and new ideas are welcome, the culture does not encourage straying far from the corporate-approved specs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit the bargain laborer strategy. It does not correlate with the company's combination (low-cost + differentiation), business strategy.

Lot's of take, very little give.

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Extended Stay America full-time for less than a year

Pros: Steady work, nationwide opportunities, decent benefits Cons: Average-poor compensation. They expect a lot and offer little in… Advice to Senior Management: Provide real incentive to do our best and stick around… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Guest Service Rep.

I have been working at Extended Stay America part-time

Pros: Friendly co workers Decent Pay Cons: Not enough training not always on the same page as other… Advice to Senior Management: Let each staff know what is expected of them. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Extended Stay America.

Worked for Extended Stay America? Contribute to the Community!