There are newer employer reviews for Extendicare Health Services

Long term employee

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Extendicare Health Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Patient oriented from senior management to facility staff. Many opportunities for career development in muti facility multi state healthcare organization

Cons

Fast paced business with many more short stays than prior years lots of paperwork required by highly regulated systems imposing external pressures.

Add dedicated customer service staff

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Extendicare Health Services

Pros

Good company to work for and they seem to really care about the employees and residents.

Cons

Small without a lot of resources

Below average place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Extendicare Health Services

Pros

The people, my coworkers, are great.
    The work-life balance is outstanding, and the managers are reasonable. I have never felt pressured to work off the clock.

Cons

People are promoted based upon tenure, not based upon abilities. I have seen many unqualified employees be promoted into a position because they had been there longer, when a more-qualified candidate remained in their current, unsatisfying position.
    Also, when it comes time to implement a new project or system, the entire process, including potential failures, is not thought through. Senior management tends to put in half of the work that they should, in the interest of getting a project or system implemented asap.

When a position opens, take the time to assess the skills of the internal candidates, and promote someone who is the best fit for the position, not someone who has been there the longest.
    And when implementing a new project or system, don't be in such a rush to get it implemented; make sure you do it right the first time!!

There are newer employer reviews for Extendicare Health Services