Extendicare

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Extendicare

Disappointing.....

I have been working at Extendicare

Pros

Great on site staff in all departments.

Cons

Micro managed to the extreme. Terrible inservice training program. No positivity from the corporate level. Money over people. Top heavy.

You all need to "bone up" on employee/employer relations. I have seen the moral of the facility I'm employed with steadily decline picking up speed over the last few years with no end in sight.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Extendicare (View Most Recent)

Real review of Extendicare

Former Employee - Extendicare Senior Floor Staff
    Former Employee - Extendicare Senior Floor Staff

I worked at Extendicare

Pros

The people that do the work - the staff nurses, orderlies, dietary, and my peers, on up to and including the facility Administrator. They are the only thing that is keeping this company going.

Cons

Just to cite come high level examples:

- Everyone at work was being worked long hours (12+) for the same pay with no overtime.
    - Senior staff was provided with cell phones, and told to be available every weekend, and phony calls were made by upper management to make sure they were "obeying" this new law.
    - Individual vacations have been revoked by upper management.
    - TOTALLY agree with reviewer that said that complete and total lack of respect rules above the Admin level... it gets VERY personal and there is nothing you can do about it if you value your job.
    - Again agree with reviewer that said that there was "Systematic removal of capable senior staff." I was one of them. It doesn't matter if you have been there for 3 years or 30 years, whether you have been doing an adequate job, or an exceptional one. They build a false case against you, then push you the door out citing blatant lies about your competence.

These people have no clue as to how to run a nursing home company. The only thing they care about is how much they bring in and make no apology of who they roll over, burn out, or what lives are ruined in the process.

I have nothing to say to these individuals; they wouldn't listen to me then, they won't now.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I have been working at Extendicare

Pros

Extendicare has excellent Paid time off as well as some good benefits. There are great opportunities for advancement, and a great working atmosphere.

Cons

Once you reach of certain level in the hierarchy there isn't many options for advancement. I have gotten a couple promotions since I started 3 years ago but there isn't any more opportunities that I can see in the future. Also, the health benefits have huge deductibles.

There are newer employer reviews for Extendicare