Extendicare

www.extendicare.com
  www.extendicare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Extendicare

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Certified Activity Aide in Windsor, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Certified Activity Aide in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Extendicare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly helpful staff, friendly management

Cons

Not enough prep time, heavy workload

58 Other Employee Reviews for Extendicare (View Most Recent)

The future of healthcare is looking bleak

I have been working at Extendicare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The facility I am employed at is unionized. I moved from a town to the city and was able to bring my seniority with me and within two weeks secured a permanent full-time job. Typically the majority of people who work on the frontlines in healthcare do it because they CARE for others, most of the staff are "givers" with a genuine concern for the residents they are taking care of.

Cons

1) Staff-Resident ratio is way too high (10-1 when we are full staffed) which equals about 9 minutes to provide morning care. When I asked why ratios were so extreme I was informed the professional staff (RN and LPN's) are included in the ratio. The professional staff's main responsibility is to administer meds, not provide personal care.
    2) 4-bed facilities are inhumane. Extendicare is a "for-profit" business that appears to have forgotten their commitment to provide quality, customer service to the resident.
    3) As an employee of Extendicare I'm extremely disappointed with the clutter, lack of compatible roomates and lack of privacy for the resident.
    4) The idiotic blanket policies, recommendations dumped down by corporate without adequate research...I can't find the words to even comment on this senseless act. Very difficult to provide respectful, safe care to the resident when we have been inundated with corporate policies that "don't make sense" in our facilities.
    5) Management staff-it looks as though they are fighting fires rather than taking a pro-active approach. Micro-managing is unproductive and often results in resistance and negativity.

Shadow an employee for one day. Invite employees to an open forum and we can give you countless examples of what we and our residents endure each and every day in Extendicare.
    If what you see and hear doesn't break your heart...

superb

I have been working at Extendicare

Pros

hello this is a superb company

Cons

if i know i'll tell you

There are newer employer reviews for Extendicare