Exterran

www.exterran.com

Great coworkers and supervisor, management has little idea how to retain experienced employees

Business Technology (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMy coworkers were fun to work with and my supervisor was flexible and reasonable. I learned a lot working with the other teams.

Good place to start, not a good place to build a career.

ConsNo mobility within the company. Management smiles and nods with palpable apathy toward employee input.

Raises and promotions are far and wide. Benefits are mediocre at best.

Large projects are rushed and result in a lot of contractors being hired on at a moment's notice with no input or participation from tenured employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt costs more in both money and lost productivity to hire and train new employees rather than throw a little more toward your current ones. Lack of employee input in projects makes working at Exterran feel like an exercise in futility and frustation, as employees lose out on career building opportunities.

Great experience. Opportunities are endless if you have drive and ambition.

Organizational Development (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Exterran full-time for more than a year

Pros: Huge potential to learn and expand. Pay and benefits are… Cons: The company is recovering from a difficult period. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up with the new direction!!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor Management and wrong direction

Project Manager (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

I worked at Exterran full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Decent work life balance and people Cons: Over promise and under perform No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Exterran.

Worked for Exterran? Contribute to the Community!