ExtraTeam

www.extrateam.com
There are newer employer reviews for ExtraTeam

Join with Caution

I worked at ExtraTeam

Pros

They have a small but loyal portfolio of existing customers. Current engineers and Project Managers are experienced and are hard workers.

Cons

Turn over in the sales group , is more than 70% within first few months. No one is ever on the same page. There is miscommunication between upper management. Projects do not always go smoothly as a result. Lacks team environment . SalesTraining is limited with no mentoring. No company Vision. Poor Benefits. No opportunities for advancement.

Improve communication. Treat your employees with respect without embarrssing them.

12 Other Employee Reviews for ExtraTeam (View Most Recent)

I'm in the exact role that I expected and wanted when first talking with ExtraTeam

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at ExtraTeam full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After working for multiple IT companies my experience in the field covers the full spectrum of job styles. At some companies I'd seem to watch paint dry for 40.00 hrs a week on the dot while at others I'd be drowning ,clocking in at over 90+ hrs some weeks on frequent occasion. Neither types are enjoyable for your career or home life. After nearly a year with ExtraTeam I can state they are the perfect balance. I'm never bored, constantly improving and my work/life balance is respected. Being in IT there will always be some after hours work based on your project. Learn how to manage your own calendar and it's a breeze. There hasn't been one situation yet where my upper management has forced or expected me to work a ridiculous amount of hours.

The engineers that compose our team are at the top of the field in my opinion and my personal experience and skillsets have happily increased since on boarding.

...And my wife loves me at this job far beyond any others in my past. A happy wife = a happy life.

Cons

With most engineers having packed schedules during normal business hours there isn't much time for random interaction in the team.

Great Company & People !!!

Current Employee - Principal Systems Architect in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Architect in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ExtraTeam full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

High compensation
    Amazing management team
    Company is always evolving itself to stay relevant and profitable
    Great people to work with; Always available to help and answer questions
    Work-Life balance is manageable
    Hard work/effort is noticed and openly acknowledged
    Holiday party makes all the hard work worth it

Cons

I don't have any major "Cons" but here is some insight into what it takes to be an engineer for this company:
    1. You need to be able to handle multiple projects at once - PM's help but the tasks are all yours
    2. You need to have very good communication skills
    3. You need to manage your work-life balance. Regular manager 1:1 meetings provide opportunity to communicate any balance issues. It can get overwhelming if you are not communicating with management.
    4. You need to be focused on customer success and satisfaction
    5. You need to be able to learn and apply new skills, quickly
    6. You need to be able to ask questions without the fear of appearing inferior

Keep up the good work
    Continue to stay relevant in this industry as it changes
    Remain agile and focused on customer success
    Employ amazing people