Big changes this year

Current Employee - Sales  in  Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ExtraTeam

Pros

ExtraTeam has really responded to changes in the market and listened to employees. I think a lot of the negative comments at the beginning of the year (I'm guessing mostly from those people who were laid off in Q1) have been addressed and it feels like a different company. I also think ExtraTeam will lead the way in 2010 and not be looked at as "just another VAR". It's a pretty elite group of people and we deal with really cool technologies.

Cons

Some growing pains but I think you'd find those anywhere. Sometimes it still feels like we're building the plane when we're flying but the alternative is to be stagnant and go out of business.

Keep pushing the envelope even if it makes some people and/or vendors uncomfortable. If we remain focused on market conditions and customer requirements we will continue to win business without competition.

Other Reviews for ExtraTeam

A highly collaborative, positive and solution-centric organization that raises the bar for IT Consulting Firms.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ExtraTeam

Pros

ExtraTeam breeds excellence across the board, individually and as a team. It's rare to find a group so universally dedicated to quality, professionalism, open forum for communication, and strong focus on ensuring the customer gets the best solutions. The environment is positive, highly collaborative (it redefines the term teamwork - no joke!), and everyone has a vested interest in producing results. If you consistently bring to the table initiatives that drive value to the team, yourself, the organization, and ultimately our customers, then this is a business where you will thrive.

Cons

No apparent downside. With any growth organization, it's important to lock in additional talent that maintains the quality that ExtraTeam is known for.

As the business continues to grow, consider opening additional branch offices.

Don't be fooled by first impressions....

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at ExtraTeam

Pros

Salary is above average for IT consulting, but you more than pay the price for it.

Cons

Everyone works in silos...There is no knowledge sharing, no mentorship for growth. Management will love you if you bill a ton of hours, but watch out if you screw up or make a mistake at a client site. Prepare for major embarrassment and finger pointing, at this will happen at times, in front of everyone else at the team meetings. In lean times, prepare to conjure up your own work, as management disdains bench time. Certifications are a priority, and your salary is dependent on them. However, how well you do at your client sites is often overlooked by management, and you will most likely never be properly appreciated here.

Your employees are your base and your source of income...Don't think for a second that your success if the result of your ingenuity and management of your company. It is the employees that drive your company and make it the success that it is...It behooves you to treat them with more respect than you've shown.

There are newer employer reviews for ExtraTeam.

Worked for ExtraTeam? Contribute to the Community!