There are newer employer reviews for Extron Electronics
There are newer employer reviews for Extron Electronics

See Most Recent

Helpful (1)

Good place to work, but not much room for growth

  • Work/Life Balance
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

I have been working at Extron Electronics

Approves of CEO
Approves of CEO

Pros

The company keeps up with the latest technology and has wide range of products.

Cons

Things won't get done without pressuring coworkers.

Advice to Management

Overall doing a good job, but need to pay attention to details.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  • Any Status
  1. Helpful (8)

    The company culture leaves a lot to be desired.

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

    I worked at Extron Electronics

    Doesn't Recommend
    Disapproves of CEO
    Doesn't Recommend
    Disapproves of CEO

    Pros

    I was really excited when I first came to Extron. The employees work hard--they have great products and are one of the most recognized names in the industry. The pay was excellent and I was looking forward to a great opportunity.

    Cons

    The hiring process should have given me a clue. First of all, HR called my previous employer BEFORE I had even considered an offer. Talk about awkwardness! Then, I was interviewed for a good 4 hours, finishing up with HR. About 10 minutes after I left, I got a call from HR offering the job and was asked if I could give them a response NOW. I told them I needed 24 hours to look over the offer. Once the offer was mailed/faxed the next day (I can't recall which), I needed to go for a physical/drug test, including a NICOTINE test. (If you're a smoker, don't even think about applying here). Thankfully I don't smoke, so this was not an issue. Over the year and a half I was there, I did not have a single performance review. Therefore, I couldn't tell from management whether I was doing a great job or not. I was so glad to have left while I could.

    Advice to Management

    If Andrew would leave the management team do what they do best, this company would be much better. But I observed how Andrew runs his management meetings and his word is the final word. I've also seen how management scurries after hearing the Andrew wrath. As far as HR, you need to overhaul the system, there are good employees there who are afraid to do or say anything that could be construed as "controversial" or "moral boosting" because HR can fire you with no warning.


  2. Top bedrijf!

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amersfoort (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amersfoort (Netherlands)

    I have been working at Extron Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    Pros

    Extron is een goed georganiseerde organisatie. Er zijn groei mogelijkheden voor mensen met ambitie en capaciteiten. Er wordt veel gedaan aan interne trainingen. Extron is internationaal en je komt in aanraking met colleag's van verschillende nationaliteiten. Twee keer per jaar worden er leuke bedrijfsevenementen georganiseerd. De collega's zijn vriendelijk en je voelt je snel thuis. Overwerk is niet nodig. Je gaat savonds naar huis en hoeft niets meer voor werk te doen.

    Cons

    Er zijn veel regels bij Extron. Het is echter aan jezelf hoe je hiermee omgaat. Als je hier geen problemen mee hebt, is dit een fijne organisatie om voor te werken. De camera's die in het gebouw hangen bewaken de deuren en zijn niet gericht op het bespieden van medewerkers. De locatie van HR zit in het midden van het gebouw. Mijn ervaring met HR zijn positief. Zij denken mee. Ze houden de regels aan maar zijn ook bereid mee te denken in een persoonlijke oplossing voor je situatie.

    Advice to Management

    Blijf in gesprek met je medewerkers en bekijk iedere situatie van een medewerker op zichzelf alvorens je het standard antwoord geeft.


There are newer employer reviews for Extron Electronics
There are newer employer reviews for Extron Electronics

See Most Recent

Work at Extron Electronics? Share Your Experiences

Extron Electronics

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.