There are newer employer reviews for Extron Electronics

Good place to work, but not much room for growth

I have been working at Extron Electronics

Pros

The company keeps up with the latest technology and has wide range of products.

Cons

Things won't get done without pressuring coworkers.

Overall doing a good job, but need to pay attention to details.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Extron Electronics (View Most Recent)

The company culture leaves a lot to be desired.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Extron Electronics

Pros

I was really excited when I first came to Extron. The employees work hard--they have great products and are one of the most recognized names in the industry. The pay was excellent and I was looking forward to a great opportunity.

Cons

The hiring process should have given me a clue. First of all, HR called my previous employer BEFORE I had even considered an offer. Talk about awkwardness! Then, I was interviewed for a good 4 hours, finishing up with HR. About 10 minutes after I left, I got a call from HR offering the job and was asked if I could give them a response NOW. I told them I needed 24 hours to look over the offer. Once the offer was mailed/faxed the next day (I can't recall which), I needed to go for a physical/drug test, including a NICOTINE test. (If you're a smoker, don't even think about applying here). Thankfully I don't smoke, so this was not an issue.
    Over the year and a half I was there, I did not have a single performance review. Therefore, I couldn't tell from management whether I was doing a great job or not. I was so glad to have left while I could.

If Andrew would leave the management team do what they do best, this company would be much better. But I observed how Andrew runs his management meetings and his word is the final word. I've also seen how management scurries after hearing the Andrew wrath. As far as HR, you need to overhaul the system, there are good employees there who are afraid to do or say anything that could be construed as "controversial" or "moral boosting" because HR can fire you with no warning.

You work with good people, but there is lots of mistrust from HR.

I have been working at Extron Electronics

Pros

Great facility to work in. People are friendly but not much socializing.

Cons

You are on the clock all the time.

Ease up.