Exxon Mobil
www.exxonmobil.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

A great place to be from

Attorney (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Exxon Mobil

ProsA great to place to get your first 2-5-10 years of experience, stellar quality of people, ethical, knowledgeable superviosrs, abundance of in-house knowledge and expertise in every area of the law and great willingness to mentor. In all, a perfect environement to learn proper client interaction etiquette and hone legal skills. A very professional atmosphere and a lot of autonomy early on in your career.

ConsPlan on working 60+ hour weeks, with work days stretching across global time zones. Lots of lateral movement and cross-training with few opportunities for upward movement. Couple that with zero bonuses and modest, mostly inflation-based raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing says "we aprpeciate you" like a good year end bonus.

Solid company with decent work opportunities but conforming management that only like to do things a certain way

Instrument Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Exxon Mobil

Pros: ExxonMobil was a great place to start your career. I spent 4 years at the refinery, and for the most part I was pretty… Cons: I think the biggest problem facing this company is dealing with Gen X and Y work force who want the social comforts such as flexible… Advice to Senior Management: Need to get better leaders in management positions. They promote engineers to managers for their technical skills, but it's clear that management are not… More

Gas and Power Marketing Houston, TX

Analyst (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Exxon Mobil

Pros: -Exceptional pay and benefits -Great support from senior management in the on-boarding process. I got to sit down and spend an hour… Cons: -Very narrow industry develops a specialized skill set -Not a lot of workforce diversity -The Texan mentality is either for you or it isn't...you have to decide… Advice to Senior Management: Innovation! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Exxon Mobil.

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Exxon Mobil CEO Rex W. Tillerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees.