ExxonMobil International

www.exxonmobil.co.uk

ExxonMobil doesn't have a clue because it only listens and promotes people that drink the kool-aid.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWell Paid, Flexibility in Workplace (which means you can go to the doctor when you need to, but you have to get extra, special permission to work from home, even when fuel prices are over $4 per gallon), solid security and control measures. Global work and workplace opportunities.

ConsClandestine management decisions, including career choices, "command and control"-style management, inconsistency (we need new ideas, but can't get beyond year-2000 thinking), low-level leadership panics due to overbearing (and out-of-touch) senior management, lack of vision, lack of stated goals, lack of communication, management immune from hearing feedback from employees due to forced ranking, conducted by supervisors needing the feedback, that determines ones employment status from year to year -- because retribution is always a possibility, despite the controlled nature of the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up job postings from the clandestine S&D process and allow people to compete for good jobs and opportunities. The feedback alone from folks avoiding terrible supervisors/management will be enough to warrant change and employee empowerment. Eliminate the backward ideas behind "span of control" and "forced ranking" that deteriorate the camaraderie and teamwork necessary to make the workplace enjoyable. Reward out-of-the-box thinking that doesn't fit in the perfect "I'll promote those that think like me" philosophy that's running rampant in the organization that demoralizes the people.

The grass is always greener.

Engineer (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at ExxonMobil International

Pros: Career advancement is key, young engineers are given a lot of opportunity to advance. Global presence is obvious, but the technical teams tend to… Cons: Red tape, public perception of the company. Advice to Senior Management: Don't be so scared to spend a little OPEX .......… More

Operation technican

Operation Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at ExxonMobil International full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Good pay, allowance, benefits and bonuses -Good career prospect Cons: -Challenging job -Bad culture depending where you posted Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ExxonMobil International.

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!