A very top-down and process-oriented company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Work life balance
Low stress
Challenging problems

Cons

Process-oriented.
Creativity and innovation face inertial barriers.
Employee satisfaction is a low priority.
Relative ranking is based on reputation and extracurriculars (safety, united way), not work accomplishments.

Other Reviews for ExxonMobil

Great Experience! Definitely recommend it!

Current Employee - Research Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Research Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

For this past summer, I had the opportunity to intern with ExxonMobil. It has been the most challenging and rewarding experience I have ever had, and I strongly encourage everyone here to definitely apply for it and take advantage of this opportunity. One of the most rewarding parts of this experience is getting to know and work with lots of industry experts. It is just such a stimulating environment for you to constantly challenge yourself for better work and performance. This is hands down the most rewarding internship I have ever had. After the internship, I have no doubt in my mind that I would like to join the company full time.

Cons

Extremely competitive environment, might have to go OT from time to time if you want to stand out. But it is in the meantime definitely a motivating environment

A little less summer activities, and probably could be more audience specific and oriented, especially for candidates with advanced degrees

Great company, poor at recognizing talent

Former Employee - Senior Systems Technical Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Technical Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

Benefits are stellar. Pay is excellent. Because it is a big company, there are resources to provide for training and conferences.

Cons

Career and professional development is limited. The company seeks to hire 'really smart and completely unambitious people' in the words that I heard from one senior manager.

Provide for more opportunities for leadership for IT personnel. Let IT people supervise and manage their own kind. Bringing in geologists and petroleum engineers to lead software developers disrespects the IT personnel.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!